Panucci slams Azzurri snub (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lippi was brought in to make a system that works. His tail is on the line for the NT in order to produce a winner no matter what squad he fields.

If that means the coach has to make a personal decision to exclude a player because perhaps they may not get along well personally, I think that's a valid consideration. If the coach thinks that outweighs any upside of what the player brings to the team, it's a very rational decision for the team's sake of winning. If a player isn't going to work with my system if I'm coach, and he doesn't add enough value to overcome that liability, he can enjoy the bench along with anyone else -- as far as I'm concerned.

Lippi is going to be judged by his team's performance, so personal issues have to be secondary to this. That goes both ways. If he doesn't get along with a player whom he needs to win, he has to find a way to make it work. Otherwise, the player needs Lippi more than Lippi needs him.

Panucci shouldn't be burning bridges in the first place.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Even if Lippi dropped Panucci because he didn't like his prettyboy haircut, he should really know that it's best to stay silent and prove yourself on the pitch. How in blue hell does Christian think this is gonna improve his chances of being included in the squad... not that I mind if he's not there

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Panucci made Rommadahl look like Luis Figo in his prime.:rolleyes:.
Oh yes, he gifted Seol that sitter so the home nation could do well.
Too many mistakes, and too many lackluster performance - Panucci would have snubbed a long time ago if Trap wasnt at the helm IMO.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Lippi is going to be judged by his team's performance, so personal issues have to be secondary to this. That goes both ways. If he doesn't get along with a player whom he needs to win, he has to find a way to make it work. Otherwise, the player needs Lippi more than Lippi needs him.
That's what i mean. As long as it doesnt harm the Azzuri,and dropping a defender more often than not, will not harm them. However, if it was say a Totti, and there were personal differences, i think Lippi would be wrong in dropping him for the good of the team.

Bottom line: Team comes first. No matter what the personal differences are they should be sorted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)