Pancalli: The New Italian Football Fedration's Head (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
ROME, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Italy's national Olympic Committee (CONI) has appointed their own vice-president Luca Pancalli as the new head of the Italian Football Federation.

Pancalli replaces Guido Rossi, the emergency commissioner who resigned this week after becoming president of Telecom Italia.

Rossi was charged with cleaning up Italian football following the match-fixing scandal which ended with Juventus being demoted to Serie B and three other clubs receiving hefty penalty points.

The last elected president of the Federation was Franco Carraro who resigned in the midst of the scandal.

The appointment of Pancalli, who is also president of Italy's Paralympic committee, effectively confirms that the Federation remains, for the time being, under the direct control of the Olympic committee.

Reuters

--------------------------------------------

Who is this guy??

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Pancalli, a 42-year-old Roman lawyer and also deputy Vice-President of the Italian Olympic Committee, was a promising pentathlete before a horse riding accident led to him being wheelchair-bound from the age of 17.

He then dedicated himself to the sports for the disabled and was an excellent swimmer, winning 16 medals at the Paralympics and 10 medals in the World Championship.

“I am a man of sport and I believe in the rules,” said Pancalli to La Gazzetta dello Sport before his new role was formalised.

“The job done by Rossi will not be wasted and there will be no delays in the process to renovate Italian football.

“Football is not only a business but also a sport and I will do all I can to bring it back to its old values. How long will I stay in place? It’s too early to say.”

Gigi Riva, who is currently the team manager of the Italian national team, was appointed as Federal Vice-Commissioner.

Football Italia

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    “I want to thank CONI President Gianni Petrucci for choosing me, I can’t hide that I am very excited,” said Pancalli after his unanimous election.

“As a sportsman I am honoured at the trust that the council has given me, nominating me to guide the Football Federation which represents a very important part of Italy’s sport.

“I will face this adventure with dedication and commitment. I am used to facing challenges, and my main objective is to bring back the serenity we lost during the summer,” continued Pancalli, who is also the head of the Italian Paralympic Committee.

“I ask the media to help me with this. There has to be space for everyone to speak, that is the only way.

“I hope that Francesco Saverio Borrelli [head of the Investigating Office] will reconsider his resignation and that he will still be part of this team, continuing this challenging journey next to our side.

“I do not fear the hostility of the footballing world, I think that the time for words has ended and we now need facts.”

CONI chief Petrucci confirmed that Pancalli’s mandate will end on February 28 in order to give him the time to rewrite the regulation and proceed to new elections.

Football Italia

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Jem83 said:
    I have no idea. But I don't think he's Superman..

ReBeL said:
    Pancalli, a 42-year-old Roman lawyer and also deputy Vice-President of the Italian Olympic Committee, was a promising pentathlete before a horse riding accident led to him being wheelchair-bound from the age of 17.
    Ok then, so maybe he is :oops:

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    Let's see, in a couple of days at the most will know more about him. Surely it won't be him the one changing what happened in these last months..

I just hope he won't do any more damages..

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
    It doesn't seem he'll change the direction. The "voted unanimously" part says as much, he's the guy that CONI wants there, plus he seems to be a person with little or none past connection and/or understanding the footballing interests in Italy.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Gigi Riva(NT team sector) and Massimo Coccia(rules and norms) named as Vice-Commissioners of the FIGC.

Albertini quits.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    mark77 said:
    Gigi Riva(NT team sector) and Massimo Coccia(rules and norms) named as Vice-Commissioners of the FIGC.

Albertini quits.
    Then Donadoni will fly as soon as his team makes a bad performance...

He is not supported anymore...

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    "Nessun accordo sugli sconti"
    Il neo-commissario Figc Pancalli dopo le dichiarazioni dello juventino Balzaretti: "Escludo che ci sia un'intesa col Coni per una riduzione delle sanzioni in sede di arbitrato"
    Luca Pancalli, 42, commissario Figc. Richiardi
    Luca Pancalli, 42, commissario Figc. Richiardi
    ROMA, 23 setttembre 2006 - "In queste ultime quarantotto ore ho avuto una full immersion, sto tentando di fotografare la situazione. Non provengo dal mondo del calcio, devo conoscere questa realtà. La situazione è complessa, ma vediamo come affrontarla nel migliore dei modi". Luca Pancalli, neo commissario della Figc, ospite dell'emittente "Radio centro suono sport", ha toccato diversi temi e ha chiesto "giudicatemi sui fatti", anche per rispondere a qualche polemica che già lo coinvolge. A cominciare dal sostegno elettorale alla candidatura di Carraro a sindaco di Roma. "Mi viene da ridere - ha affermato Pancalli -. Ero un giovane appena laureato, cominciai a lavorare con l'allora presidente della Commissione Finanze Piro, disabile anche lui, che si batteva per una serie di misure contro le barriere architettoniche ed altro. Ritenni, da persona disabile, di adoperarmi a fianco all'on Piro nelle sue battaglie che passarono anche dalla mia candidatura alle comunali. In quel caso si candidava come sindaco Carraro".
    LE NUOVE REGOLE - Si parla già di un prolungamento del commissariamento per portare a termine la riscrittura delle regole. Ipotesi alla quale Pancalli ha detto "di non voler nemmeno pensare. Non credo che fisicamente, per la mole di lavoro, gradirei. Analizzeremo martedì prossimo il lavoro dell'avvocato Coccia. Regole compatibili con un sistema complesso e complicato come quello della Federcalcio ma che devono essere applicate".
    I VALORI DELLO SPORT - È giunto al vertice della federazione in un momento particolarmente grave "ma il mondo del calcio non è solo quello di vertice, è fatto anche da centinaia di bambini che frequentano i campetti. C'è ancora la possibilità di coltivare dei valori. Se noi partissimo col dire che tutto è malato allora sarebbe assurdo avvicinarsi". Con questo spirito, ha spiegato Pancalli, "ho fatto riferimento a Facchetti all'atto dell'insediamento. Perché i valori dello sportivo, dell'atleta, dell'uomo sono passati attraverso il mondo del calcio".
    L'ARBITRATO - In tv il giocatore della Juventus Balzaretti ha parlato di una riduzione già concordata della pena in sede di arbitrato: "Ognuno può avere la sua opinione ma io escludo totalmente che ci sia un accordo col Coni per ridurre le sanzioni". Il capo Ufficio indagini Francesco Saverio Borrelli è recuperabile alla causa della Federcalcio? "Borrelli ho già tentato di trattenerlo - ha risposto Pancalli -. L'ho chiamato a non più di due ore dalla mia investitura per invitarlo a restare e sono in attesa di una sua risposta. Nelle prime 48 ore dal mio insediamento ho mantenuto le figure indispensabili per portare avanti la macchina. Ho confermato il direttore generale Virginia Filippi. Ho nominato Riva vicecommissario addetto alle squadre nazionali. È importante si capisca che vogliamo lavorare, cambiare le regole con rigore. Ma che ci sono tempi tecnici che vogliamo rispettare. Ho chiesto aiuto alle Leghe, convocherò l'assemblea e lì si proporrà la modifica delle regole".

briefly it is that there are no decisions made on the reduction of the calciopoli punishments. He mentioned Balzaretti cause i think he mentioned that the penalty was going to be reduced and Pancalli just said it is not true.

I didnt bother reading it all but from the parts i read this is the main gist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)