Pacino or Deniro (1 Viewer)

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
talk only in the same way in every movies....
De niro seems to talk in the same way, but Pacino sounds different in many roles, take, Scarface and Godfather - doesn't sound like his typical voices to me.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
pacino maybe different a bit in godfather 1 and 2...

but if u see Scent of a woman, simone, any given sunday, scarface, godfather 3..... ...... same old macho talk... and very good at it i have to say....

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I guess I like them both but if i has to choose Id pick Deniro, but my all time fave is the master Brando

De Niro is able to play probably a more varied type of character as not only gansters, cops, he has played psychos, sent himself up in the untouchables and analyse this, priest and also the devil in angel's heart which i thought was superior to devils advocate, also he has been able to play a disbled person very well
Probably acts in too many films which are substandard

As for Pacino also a great actor and probably more likeable but i feel nowadays he shouts too much and his characters are no more as varying as they used to be

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
i like most of their movies...but i dont value them that much as a actors...i think they both play typical roles and act and talk only in the same way in every movies....

i think it is more becoz they play great roles than they being great actors thelselves...

surely none of them can or want to play the role of a boxing gypsy, a retarded father, etc etc.....

:) *preparimg to be bashed*
That description would be accurate if you were talking about Sean Connery, but Al and Deniro??? Come on...

Sure, Deniro might not change his voice much. You could probably recognize his voice anywhere - but he and Pacino have made numerous great movies and acted out very different characters, without even hitting a 1 on the "you suck scale".

It's really too bad that their both becoming dinosaurs, all though I've really enjoyed Pacino's latest movies.

OP
ebraheej

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    i like most of their movies...but i dont value them that much as a actors...i think they both play typical roles and act and talk only in the same way in every movies....

i think it is more becoz they play great roles than they being great actors thelselves...

surely none of them can or want to play the role of a boxing gypsy, a retarded father, etc etc.....

:) *preparimg to be bashed*
    scareface, Godfather, Scent of a Women, any given sunday............:groan:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

That description would be accurate if you were talking about Sean Connery, but Al and Deniro??? Come on...

Sure, Deniro might not change his voice much. You could probably recognize his voice anywhere - but he and Pacino have made numerous great movies and acted out very different characters, without even hitting a 1 on the "you suck scale".

It's really too bad that their both becoming dinosaurs, all though I've really enjoyed Pacino's latest movies.

dont get me wrong ... i like most of their movies... i just watched Taxi Driver and De Niro is just amazing...

but thats about those two.. they always plays the role of someone that people respect and look up to..someone with dignity and brave to say and do what in their mind.... that is a great role i admit... but why must it always the same wrole...why cant they be just normal buddies...or some ****ed up losers... i guess every actor have their genre.. but IMO great actor sould be able to play any role thrown at them...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

dont get me wrong ... i like most of their movies... i just watched Taxi Driver and De Niro is just amazing...

but thats about those two.. they always plays the role of someone that people respect and look up to..someone with dignity and brave to say and do what in their mind.... that is a great role i admit... but why must it always the same wrole...why cant they be just normal buddies...or some ****ed up losers... i guess every actor have their genre.. but IMO great actor sould be able to play any role thrown at them...
    I still don't get your point. They do play different roles. Pacino in lets say... Any Given Sunday and... Devils Advocate - completely different. De Niro in Cape Fear and Analyze This... again completely different. That's just a couple of examples...

I especially like when Pacino is the bad guy, like in The Recruit or Devils Advocate...

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002

The character De Niro played in new york new york was a loser
    They both play loser but the problem is that they either play them so well or their personalities take over and ppl just admire those characters afterall Tony Montana in scarface was a loser so was carlito in Carlito's wayThere are too many instances with both actors anyways

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    The character De Niro played in new york new york was a loser
    They both play loser but the problem is that they either play them so well or their personalities take over and ppl just admire those characters afterall Tony Montana in scarface was a loser so was carlito in Carlito's wayThere are too many instances with both actors anyways
    tony montana is a loser that everyone look up to...

i was thinkking a loser like John Cusack in Being John Malkovich...

or Nicholas Cage in Adaptation..

i think Nicholas Cage is a very good actor as he can plays a lot of roles..the same goes to Tom Hanks and..err.. Brad Pitt...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

I still don't get your point. They do play different roles. Pacino in lets say... Any Given Sunday and... Devils Advocate - completely different. De Niro in Cape Fear and Analyze This... again completely different. That's just a couple of examples...

I especially like when Pacino is the bad guy, like in The Recruit or Devils Advocate...
    i still dont watch Devil's Advocate yet....so i cant comment on that particular film...

but from the movies that i seen Pacino recently- Any Given Sunday, simone, The Recruit, Heat, Scent of a Woman.. he still plays the same role to me...a smart talking old man with leadership and charisma...a perfect role model.... and i doubt his role in Devil's Advocate will be any different

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

i still dont watch Devil's Advocate yet....so i cant comment on that particular film...

but from the movies that i seen Pacino recently- Any Given Sunday, simone, The Recruit, Heat, Scent of a Woman.. he still plays the same role to me...a smart talking old man with leadership and charisma...a perfect role model.... and i doubt his role in Devil's Advocate will be any different
    Well being the devil in "Devil's Advocate", I don't think you'll find him to be the perfect role model. That goes for "The Recruit" as well... hardly a role model there either.

About the charisma - it's kinda hard to throw that away. That's just how it is, it glows you know... no actor can get rid of that even if they intended to do so.

I get your point, but what you're saying doesn't make any less a good actor.

Screw it - I think he's brilliant, you dont... that's the way it is. Let's just drop it. :)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

Well being the devil in "Devil's Advocate", I don't think you'll find him to be the perfect role model. That goes for "The Recruit" as well... hardly a role model there either.

About the charisma - it's kinda hard to throw that away. That's just how it is, it glows you know... no actor can get rid of that even if they intended to do so.

I get your point, but what you're saying doesn't make any less a good actor.

Screw it - I think he's brilliant, you dont... that's the way it is. Let's just drop it. :)

in The Recruit he was the best of role models for 4/5th of the film... even when we knew already that he is the bad guy he still talk that way...

anyway my point is not weather how the storyline says his role is good or bad, but how he played them.....

and as far as i can remember reading about Devil's Advocate, he is a devil who mastermind thngs... hmmm...still i i dont thing it wont be any different from the other roles he plays..

for the record, i also truly think Al Pacino and Robert De Niro are brilliant actors.. just that i critize their lack of acting variancy...when i want to see their kind of movies, there is noelse would i go to... and i really respect your oponion about it as i expect you tu respect mine... just wanna have some discussion bout it...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)