Pablo Armero - LWB - Udinese (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I ve always like Balza and i consider it a Huuuuuge mistake to offload, esp for the peantus we did.
He was Italian, of decent quality and of low salary.
He accepted the sub role to Chiellini and would ensure that we would have no issues in the future, esp considering the voices that Chiello was to become a CB.

By keeping him, we would have avoided all that Molinaro, Grosso, Zeglier, etc nonsense...
We would have a decent option till DC was coming of age.
It was a tragic mistake that has been haunting us for years.

Since we have adopted the ItalJuve policy, esp for the defense, this tragic mistake became all the more crucial.
And then we have comitted a yet more tragic one, we have offloaded Criscito too, for the bonehead and a fortune.

We are living a nightmare since, a nightmare we cannot recover from.
Many coaches were burned because of this and endless matches were decided on this easy exploit.

DC was one of the three kids i admired, from our academy, among with Marchisio and Giovinco.
IMO ha was misused and missjudged by many of our coaches, his fragile built also didnt help him much and he was the victim of injuries, morale and slow development...
At any case, he is not reliable to be a starter. Caceres is injured and with Bonucci out of the picture, we wont be able to use Chiello much there.
We really need a wingback, capable of playing both as straight LB and a wingback.
Italy generally lacks good defensive options in the left, of the offensive ones, we have some of the best.

I think that Criscito would be the ideal choice for us, as he could be used as the left CB, for as long as Bonucci will be out and still remain our starter when Bonucci returns and Lucio retires.

Balza as a wingback could also do the job, as Ahmed said, he is not great, but considering the crappy crop of Italian defenders he is ok.
I can think of 2 more options, a former inter player and a former Lazio player, but between them and Zeglier, lets bring Armero...

However that would mean that we will need one new CB as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)