Pablo Armero - LWB - Udinese (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If we actually get him on loan i expect 2 mil for loan and 10 mil obligation to buy
I would like it

I also would still like a good review of him cause i can only see his nice goals on youtube, the 10 assists this season, and massive fapping of a few members

how is he defensively ? is he natural wingback, or can also play fullback, how is his positional awareness, is he hard to get past

i see a player that burst down the left, and shoots with massive power and scores a goal from 35 meters out.
First thing that came in mind was "roberto carlos"

so please, get me down to armero's level before i entirely lose it on the prospect of singing the new roberto carlos, king of wingbacks

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
U dont have to pay big money this year ;)
Soo.. You pay a loan for a player you will have to buy on a later point? How is this any good? Why not just sign him up and pay in installments over another year and then take the 2m € we pay now into the deal? 2m € now and 8m € over the next 3 years if the deal is 10m €?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I will express my personal opinion , other members opinions may vary

He is a good player who has athleticity and speed as his main points , i don't rate him as a very intelligent player or a player with a good tecnique . As for the assists with the current battery of strikers we have and with the type of game we play i doubt that he will have the same number of assists with us . He is no roberto carlos and he is a wing back , i wouldn't put him at lb because i don't consider him very good at defending he is strong , i have doubts about his positioning , would rather play chiellini or de cegli as a lb if we play with a 4 man backline .

He is definetly an upgrade and would be a good addition to the team , but not the best signing we can make .

PieroKing

May 9, 2006
Soo.. You pay a loan for a player you will have to buy on a later point? How is this any good? Why not just sign him up and pay in installments over another year and then take the 2m € we pay now into the deal? 2m € now and 8m € over the next 3 years if the deal is 10m €?
If we have to pay 2m for the loan, then I am with u. It dosent make any sense. 2m for the loan is waaay too much.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Use PDC in a 4-3-3,Armero in a 3-5-2..simples..

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 05:19 ----------

If we have to pay 2m for the loan, then I am with u. It dosent make any sense. 2m for the loan is waaay too much.
why ?

if we buy him outright now for say 10m in installments it would come under this year's budget and wouldnt help us in funding a move for a striker.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Tell me again.. What's the point of a loan deal if you're obliged to buy?? :)
You don't pay the money this year , say you have 12 mil left , and you need a lb and another players let's say a cm who also costs 10 mil . You can get the lb with this method and you are left 10 mil for the cm and you can have both players in the same season .
Second reason is because you don't pay the full amount in one year , you split installments which allows you not to make a minus in the account books

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Dafuq guys? PDC as fullback? No fkn way !!! The man is good at running and crossing but defending is none of his qualities. PDC is more midfielder then defender if you look at his qualities. We need a fullback. If Conte believe Armero can play fullback then he's a fullback in my eyes but i'd like to see him before I judge him. But PDC is NOT a fullback.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
gallatasaray paid us 1.5 mil for melo's loan and if i remember correctly merda paid 2.5 mil for zarate's loan , btw where is zarate going now ?

PieroKing

May 9, 2006
gallatasaray paid us 1.5 mil for melo's loan and if i remember correctly merda paid 2.5 mil for zarate's loan , btw where is zarate going now ?
Yeah.. but I mean if its a obliged buy next year.

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 01:55 ----------

why ?

if we buy him outright now for say 10m in installments it would come under this year's budget and wouldnt help us in funding a move for a striker.
Maybe u are right. It has something to do with the budget and accounting, I guess.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dafuq guys? PDC as fullback? No fkn way !!! The man is good at running and crossing but defending is none of his qualities. PDC is more midfielder then defender if you look at his qualities. We need a fullback. If Conte believe Armero can play fullback then he's a fullback in my eyes but i'd like to see him before I judge him. But PDC is NOT a fullback.
Lol my friend, DC is more of a fullback then Armero is, who is purely a typical south american wingback in 3-4-3/3-5-2 set ups.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Lol my friend, DC is more of a fullback then Armero is, who is purely a typical south american wingback in 3-4-3/3-5-2 set ups.
Did I say Armero was more fullback then PDC? No. I said Conte could see him as fullback but not that I do. Not that I think Conte do.

Paolo De Ceglie is not a fullback. He's a wingback. He can't play in a 4-3-3. We saw that this year. Hence the Chiellini-Bonucci-Barzagli option. Why do you think Conte gave Bonucci another chance when he so obviously flopped the first part of the season? Because he had to use Chiellini as LB and had no other CB alternative then Bonucci and now that Juve had paid that much for him (15m €) if im correct, that gave him some sort of oblgation to try and find the best of form in the player. It turned out well and now he's a starter for Italy but the fact that PDC isn't a fullback remains. His defensive positioning sucks. His stamina helps him being able to both go forward and track back but his positioning and tacking isn't by any means good enough to call him a good fullback.

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 02:10 ----------

that

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not sure what you are on about, De Ceglie was solid as LB and improved when Conte gave him a 2nd chance half way into the season. And he has only played LB in 4 man defences in his entire career, except being used as LM now and then. He should be a backup player at best IMO (so I dont consider him "good" either), but that his position is LB is clear. And he had clearly improved defensively in past months as LB, both positioning and him being more of an aggressive marker.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
PDC is more a fullback than he's a wingback. I prefer his play on our 3rd of the pitch, he's quite atrocious when he gets further up the field than that. If you think that he's a better wingback then a fullback then you've got to be seriously unhappy with his presence at our club :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)