P2P Programmes (2 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If you have a good connection and plenty of things to share, DC++ is head and shoulders above every other program.
I like DC++, but I've found a lot of hubs, both public and private, to be pretty worthless.
Fortunately the DC++ scene is quite huge here in Sweden. My downloads rarely go under 800 kb/sec and nearly everything can be found. For everything else, I use torrents.
I find private torrent trackers to be much better than DC++. especially at the fast speeds we have in Sweden. Last I experienced was downloading 5 movies at the same time each loading at around 1.2 Mbits/sec

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I use Limewire for music and torrents for movies. Piratebay and Mininova are two places I go to; and I use Azureus to download.

No Problem. PRO version setup files are available in Limewire itself! :)
What are the advantages to the PRO version? :confused:

Fortunately the DC++ scene is quite huge here in Sweden. My downloads rarely go under 800 kb/sec and nearly everything can be found. For everything else, I use torrents.
My friends in Sweden all use DC++, so I tried using it when I came here, but it's no where as successful so I gave up on it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I use Limewire for music and torrents for movies. Piratebay and Mininova are two places I go to; and I use Azureus to download.
check out torrentspy, torrentpond and torrentreactor. i've been using them for a while now and they rarely disappoint.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I find private torrent trackers to be much better than DC++. especially at the fast speeds we have in Sweden. Last I experienced was downloading 5 movies at the same time each loading at around 1.2 Mbits/sec
Private trackers are basically the torrent equivalent of excellent hubs, I guess. I have a 250gb external drive which is entirely dedicated for my downloads and uploads. Coupled with a 100/10 mbit connection, it makes DC wonderful. :)

I don't have too much experience with private trackers, unfortunately.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Private trackers are basically the torrent equivalent of excellent hubs, I guess. I have a 250gb external drive which is entirely dedicated for my downloads and uploads. Coupled with a 100/10 mbit connection, it makes DC wonderful. :)

I don't have too much experience with private trackers, unfortunately.
It is exactly the equivalent of excellent hubs except that you don't have to have a share amount in the beginning, you have to seed to stay alive. In the end we reach the same outcome :)

Try to get an invite on swebits ;)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i use limewire pro its pretty decent, however my brother uses torrents and thats usefull as you cna download whole albums

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Private torrent sites are most definetly the best option there is IMO. I stopped using DC++ about a year back, somewhere along the line all the hubs I used before just went crap, pretty much no one had free upload slots, users disconnecting you all the time, etc.

Apr 15, 2006
thanx. damn! what's with Demonoid!!! :mad:

anyways, Limewire PRO enables us to download at higher speeds due to Turbo-Charged connections! personally, i didnt find a difference with the speeds i got with Limewire free version which doesnt have Turbo-Charged connection! but im sure you got a connection faster than the 32 kBps one that I have! :(

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Who can recommend me a GOOD DC++ hub? I haven't used it for a long time and all my favourites are either offline or screwed up where no one has any free slots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)