over-rated players? (3 Viewers)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

People in here don't seem to understand the word 'over-rated'.

Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo, Figo and Del Piero over-rated? Please!

Any other club or set of fans would kill to have them in their team.
The only reason Real bought Beckham is so they can sell more jerseys :devil:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
The only reason Real bought Beckham is so they can sell more jerseys :devil:
Ironically, Beckham has been the most effective midfielder in Madrid.

From 16 La Liga matches he scored 3 goals and created 6 assists (2 more than Zidane and Figo, even though Becks played 3 less matches than them).

I'm actually happy for him, he proved almost everyone wrong and he proved he could make it even in the biggest of clubs.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I have always thought that Rivaldo was overrated and while he was getting all the glory at Barcelona, for me Figo was by far the best player there

Tudor is way overrated

Denilson is overrated

Deisler is overrated

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Ronaldo scorer of over 50 goals for his country, winner of wc and scored 8 goals in 1 tournament, leading goal scorer in La liga, extremely high goal to match ratio in serieA but somehow he is overrated

Beckham, best crosser of the ball by a mile in world football, adapted so easily to Real Madrid scoring and creating assists left right and centre when everyone thought and most hoping he would fall flat on his face and one of the best free kick takers in world football ---overrated

Rooney youngest goal scorer in England's history, at 17 makes the game look so easy even in international level but he is overrated

Dp tired of talking about it

Trezeguet is not overated infact he is ridiculed most of the time
Figo okay is on the wane but at his best very little can touch him but he is overrated
Raul the most underated footballer of his generation is somehow overated
How Henry can be labelled the best in the world because he is quick and scores goals in a league where defending does not exist and thats not being overrated is beyond me

What of players li
oh i dont even want to start on how overrated Nedved is,FFS the guy hasnt won anything either than the serie A,wow that really makes him the best player in europe,man Henry won the FA cup and the confedrations cup,he created more goals than Nedved,and he scored as much as Nedved 30 times,ok thats one player thats better than Nedved,anotherr is Zidane,IMO it shouldnt be called the best player in the world award,hell no it should be called the best player after Zidane award,so as far as i'm concerned if Henry is overrated then Nedved is too.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Nedved is Juventus leader, last season he leaded us to win the league end to reach the CL final. How can you say he is overrated? Also Henry is not overrated, we cannot say who is the best cause they play in 2 differents team and different role also, they are both grate.

One thing about Tudor... by who he is overrated? Media never mention him and also fans do not consider that mutch... Nobody cares about him :confused:

Jul 28, 2002
where the fcuk has the myth the epl has no defending??

Epl is the second most defensive league next to serie a!!

however in serie ia defending is an art, but in epl defending is a chor and is done by muscle men,fighters and tuff nuts, or players that cant play further forward(fullbacks :D). But the epl is not as crap as u all make at out defensivly. How anyone can say Henry is overated :fero: Henry is class, proved it with france, and took the piss out of inter and roma!!!

So please, for bad defending u look at spain and portugal. In england its tough defending , not bad defending.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Nedved is Juventus leader, last season he leaded us to win the league end to reach the CL final. How can you say he is overrated? Also Henry is not overrated, we cannot say who is the best cause they play in 2 differents team and different role also, they are both grate.

One thing about Tudor... by who he is overrated? Media never mention him and also fans do not consider that mutch... Nobody cares about him :confused:
I am not saying Neved is overrated,i said that if Henry is overrated,then Nedved is too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
where the fcuk has the myth the epl has no defending??
that is a question i cant answer,England itself has the 2nd best defence in the world after Italy.

++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
How anyone can say Henry is overated :fero: Henry is class, proved it with france, and took the piss out of inter and roma!!!
too true.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
that is a question i cant answer,England itself has the 2nd best defence in the world after Italy.

too true.
What about France ? For some reason I find Thuram and Dessailly to be more reliable than Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand.

Anyway, here are some numbers that should speak for themselves:

STATISTICAL FACTS AS OF 21ST JANUARY OF THE SEASON 2003/04

LEAGUE 0-0's games %of 0-0's gls scred gls per gm

SERIE A 14 152 9.2% 393 2.5855
PREMIER 27 218 12.4% 563 2.5825
LA LIGA 14 200 7.0% 510 2.5500

May 17, 2003
Here is one for you fred weasley, I think that FRANCIS JEFFERS is wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too over rated. I mean c'mon wat is so special about him that makes everyone think he will become one of Englands future???? It's redicilous. But no offence fred.
Also I think Gary Neville is too. Coz i just can NOT SEE WAT IS SO SPECIAL about the guy. there are plenty of better right backs than him

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
No one rates Jeffers like that. Everton did when he burst on the scene, and Arsenal did when they spent all that money on him, but injuries have taken their toll on whatever potential he had, and he's recognised in England as an injury-prone dive-machine, nothing more.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Yes. It really didn't look like Henry found some difficolty when he met Italian teams in CL :D
While Man Utd tore Juve up last year (I think - or was it the yeara before?). Don't shrug them off as crap. The general level of goalkeeping in England is quite high (with some notable exceptions), and their defensive midfielders are probably the best going. Less technical doesn't necessarily mean worse.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
Here is one for you fred weasley, I think that FRANCIS JEFFERS is wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too over rated. I mean c'mon wat is so special about him that makes everyone think he will become one of Englands future???? It's redicilous. But no offence fred.
Also I think Gary Neville is too. Coz i just can NOT SEE WAT IS SO SPECIAL about the guy. there are plenty of better right backs than him
ok there are right backs better than him,but saying he doesnt have anything special is harsh,he's got better crosses than all the right backs in europe,i mean if you watch the EPL every week you'd notice that he assisted more than 4 goals this season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Yes. It really didn't look like Henry found some difficolty when he met Italian teams in CL :D
he faced a lot off diffuculty but in the end he took the living hell out of Inter and Roma.

and like Mikhail said,Man utd(especially Giggs)tore Juve apart,this season Chelsea did it with Lazio,not to mention the Arsenals 5-1 with Inter.

another thing is Man utd has the strongest defence in the CL this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)