Our forwards. (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
But to be really honest,I don't think Zlatan is the kind of player you build your team around.What you want is someone creative and good at creating and finishing chances,with good distribution and versatility.Zlatan takes pot shots from forty five yards out,prefers to dribble three defenders instead of pass to a teammate and his finishing is pretty suspect at times.On a whole his ability is well within the range of a star player in any big team,but he's just not the kind of player you base your team on.

Most of the time Zlatan's contributions to the team come from flashes of sheer brilliance and skill,instead of a consistently relatively high level of play like Nedved does.He can be reckless with possession sometimes and his idea of team play is not always practical,especially when it means attempting something outrageous.In this respect Ruben Olivera is,to a certain degree,similar.These are the kinds of players who would do well in established teams,which can afford to let them have a really bad game once in a while,and because they can win games when the going gets tough by conjuring something out of absolutely nothing.

Someone like Nedvd would flourish anywhere even in teams of a far lower standard than themselves because they're infinitely more reliable (and often hard working).

Buy on AliExpress.com

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
No way is Zlatan mutu the future i realli dont think that Zlatan will last at Juve i realli believe Moggi will trade him for Cassano. The reason they were letting Zlatan play so much is to get his value up so when the end of the year comes him and cassano are priced around the same area. But this is just what i think
Hahaha I love this post! :LOL:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
the bit about Zlatan gaining in value and leaving at a high price actually does make sense.It's well within Moggi's capabilities and wouldn't surprise me one bit,although Capello would much rather keep his favourite player.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
the bit about Zlatan gaining in value and leaving at a high price actually does make sense.It's well within Moggi's capabilities and wouldn't surprise me one bit,although Capello would much rather keep his favourite player.
Anyhow Capello wont stay more then 2 years here, so i don't think Zlatan will last in Juve either!

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
No i dont think Capello will last either. The fans dont even like him that much and i would certainly prefer LIppi back at Juve after he wins a World Cup with Del Piero( thats my dream).

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
No i dont think Capello will last either. The fans dont even like him that much and i would certainly prefer LIppi back at Juve after he wins a World Cup with Del Piero( thats my dream).
I like your sig man:)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
totti .... u r outta ya mind!! i dont want this dickhead

i agree that zlatan isnt gonna last long in juventus
we need some fast forward
Zlatan is the fastest forward we got.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #51
    What's the deal with DP's speed anyway? In 2002-2003 he ran like the wind and now he doesn't run at all.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    What's the deal with DP's speed anyway? In 2002-2003 he ran like the wind and now he doesn't run at all.
    he has become more mature :rolleyes:

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    There cannot be such a big difference in 2 years time.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54
    Though muscular injuries do make people a lot slower.

Jul 28, 2002
    He used to be rapid....but since he lost his cahonies to dribble at people, he has lost his pace...which is a shame....cos we lack real pace anyway.

Freddy99

Feb 5, 2005
    IMO we keep Zlatan, i watche most of juves games and i think zlatan workes hard up front, he can score and has great vision and passing, i think we need someone really fast next to zlatan (Not trez or del P.) Imo we should sell em both, not because they arent any good, but i dont think they have got what we need!! SPEEED ;) I cant wait for Mutu to play, we need him bad! In time i think he can replace neddy. Mutu can score goals, something our midfield today cant.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    But to be really honest,I don't think Zlatan is the kind of player you build your team around.What you want is someone creative and good at creating and finishing chances,with good distribution and versatility.Zlatan takes pot shots from forty five yards out,prefers to dribble three defenders instead of pass to a teammate and his finishing is pretty suspect at times.On a whole his ability is well within the range of a star player in any big team,but he's just not the kind of player you base your team on.

Most of the time Zlatan's contributions to the team come from flashes of sheer brilliance and skill,instead of a consistently relatively high level of play like Nedved does.He can be reckless with possession sometimes and his idea of team play is not always practical,especially when it means attempting something outrageous.In this respect Ruben Olivera is,to a certain degree,similar.These are the kinds of players who would do well in established teams,which can afford to let them have a really bad game once in a while,and because they can win games when the going gets tough by conjuring something out of absolutely nothing.

Someone like Nedvd would flourish anywhere even in teams of a far lower standard than themselves because they're infinitely more reliable (and often hard working).
    Why do we have to build a team around one striker? If this is what is needed, then i think moggi may have made the mistake of selling di vaio. thats the kind of striker you want if you want the whole team to built around one player.

The CL loss season to Milan was a perfect example of building a team around one player and when nedved was missing, the team had nothing.

Players like Zlatan and Olivera, who have very good individual ability are important in a team. they are the players who pull something special in a game which makes the difference. And i believe that you need players as such in a team. You need the best of both worlds its best obvious, and juve has that.

Zlatan, Mutu and Olivera all have great skill and should all be able to exploit their talents. and if one is missing, at least its not overally drastic.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    I like Zlatan because he is at least able to create chances for himself if no one else is doing it.

If no one creates for Trez, then he does nothing.

DP tends to do nothing anyway (Sorry but it's my opinion) - but maybe he would do more if the whole side were more creative.

At least Zlatan can perform even if the rest of the side is uncreative. The Samp game showed this, Trez had one effort in the 1st half, and had about 4 in the 2nd with Zlatan alongside. On top of the numerous Zlatan efforts.

I know the whole team were attacking more in the 2nd half but 90% of this was down to Zlatan.

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

Why do we have to build a team around one striker? If this is what is needed, then i think moggi may have made the mistake of selling di vaio. thats the kind of striker you want if you want the whole team to built around one player.
    DEFINATLY!

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
    No I think if Capello built the team around eachother we would play a lot better. In Italy and the NT it has been proven time and time again that you cant build a team around anyone you have to have individual strength within or it wont work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)