Our forwards. (2 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
When I was watching our game against Sampdoria I started to realise our forwards aren't on the same wavelength whatsoever. Whereas Zlatan IMO was playing a pretty good game, Del Piero and Trezeguet weren't. The reason for this, I think, is that Del Piero was giving some great through balls, but neither Zlatan nor Trezeguet runned after them. Thanks to Zlatan's more egocentric way of playing he was the only one to at least accomplish a couple of chances. On the other hand I did see a Del Piero that was trying to do some great things, but the forwards just don't understand each other.

I guess Del Piero will probably go after this season, if we find an adequate replacement, which Mutu isn't. So in the long run it's perhaps not that important to reintegrate Ale in to the team, but I cannot see us beating Real Madrid with this predictable, boring team. We need Del Piero as a playmaker and we need a more creative frontline.
The "wavelength" will come with time.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    OK, lets get one then. At 23 Del Piero was the worlds best player (debatable), but he isnt now, so lets get rid of both Zlatan and Del Piero and Get Adriano and Kaka. Sounds good? Now, lets' just find 300 mil € to finance the deal.

In the meantime, lets' just stick with Zlatan - Trezeguet up front.
    You can say all you want, I'm just saying we're going to need someone better than Zlatan, or Trezeguet for that matter. In fact Zlatan can stay, but he can't be the player we build our team around, he's simply not good enough and I doubt he ever will be.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    OK, lets get one then. At 23 Del Piero was the worlds best player (debatable), but he isnt now, so lets get rid of both Zlatan and Del Piero and Get Adriano and Kaka. Sounds good? Now, lets' just find 300 mil € to finance the deal.

In the meantime, lets' just stick with Zlatan - Trezeguet up front.
    maybe u should write moggi a cheque

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Real Madrid has won 6 of their last 7 games...

And what has Juve done? Loss, two wins, four draws in five matches...

I think it will be tough... very tough...
    I don't want Madrid kicking our asses:down:...It's a shame, i wont show up my face to my friends till the next year...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003

Yes. Del Piero is the future.
    He didn't say Del Piero is Juve's future, he just gave a pred about Zlatan that he wont last too much in Juventus Fc...i don't see what Dp has to do here now?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I don't rate Totti as a forward, but I would love to see him in Juventus too. He is my favourite player after del Piero. with his arrival, we would have to change to 4-3-1-2 :D with him as 3quartista.

Cassano - Zlatan

-------Totti

Nedved-Emerson-Olivera

Zamb-Canna-Thuram-Zebina

_-----_Buffon

eat that :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    when del piero isnt in form, trezeguet isnt exactly playing well but its hard to do that when your always injured and you have one starlet in your team who has to compete against reputation instead of form, ie. del piero, it doesnt exactly help the forward structure at all.

for me, Zlatan is the only forward who should be considered a future starting player at the club.

I believe Del Piero should be sold, or he should want to move on to a club which doesnt demand as much as juve does. He is at that age now where he should move on. Trezeguet is a great goal scorer but his injuries are starting to get ridiculous. Zalayeta is a good forward but i think he should move on to actually get a starting game elsewhere.

Mutu has already joined and the possibility of nonda joining for free also seems like a good idea considering he may be 4th choice. He isnt a bad 4th choice striker IMO.

With the money you can get for trezeguet and del piero, you can bring in a young star like Gilardino and have left overs to fix the defence.

i think its time the forwards change.

thats my two cents...even though it changes everyday.:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Lets break this nonsense down:

++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    All I know is that at 23, Del Piero was the world's best player.
    Good great grand wonderful. Nobody is contesting that and nobody should use that as evidence to back their arguement of putting Del Piero in the starting lineup. Stop living in the past for the fifteenth million friggin time.

Zlatan is nowhere near.
    Zlatan is no where near the level of a 96 Del Piero? We all know. However that does not mean Zlatan has zero chance of being just as good of a player as DP.

Zlatan indeed is European class and he's a good football player. But for Juventus he simply won't do.
    Okay lets see here Zlatan has only played a half season with Juve, albeit in his first season in Italy. So far he has become our best forward. Zlatan is European class however you say he is not Juventus class. Can we get any sort of reasoning behind this arguement without mentioning Del Piero's name please? So is Zlatan not Juve class because he is a big, strong forward who can cause any defender problems, or is it because he is a foreigner and not worthy of replacing Del Piero? None of those arguements fly really, and to say that Zlatan is not Juventus material could be one of the most imbecilic biased-stricken arguements I have ever heard. We would not have payed one of the biggest transfer fees of the summer for a player who is not Juventus material. I love it how people are already calling for the head of Zlatan only after a half a season, however we have been waiting about two seasons for Del Piero to "come back" but to no prevail. That is completely unfair and reminiscient of a true hypocrit.

We need a new, great, creative player that makes us look lively again.
    Bojinov or Cassano should fill that role, right next to a deserving Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

PS- Wow, you came back. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Good great grand wonderful. Nobody is contesting that and nobody should use that as evidence to back their arguement of putting Del Piero in the starting lineup. Stop living in the past for the fifteenth million friggin time.
    Learn to read. I even said we should get rid of Del Piero.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38

PS- Wow, you came back. What a surprise. :rolleyes:
    It's an internet forum. There's no such thing as coming back.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39

Okay lets see here Zlatan has only played a half season with Juve, albeit in his first season in Italy. So far he has become our best forward. Zlatan is European class however you say he is not Juventus class. Can we get any sort of reasoning behind this arguement without mentioning Del Piero's name please? So is Zlatan not Juve class because he is a big, strong forward who can cause any defender problems, or is it because he is a foreigner and not worthy of replacing Del Piero? None of those arguements fly really, and to say that Zlatan is not Juventus material could be one of the most imbecilic biased-stricken arguements I have ever heard. We would not have payed one of the biggest transfer fees of the summer for a player who is not Juventus material. I love it how people are already calling for the head of Zlatan only after a half a season, however we have been waiting about two seasons for Del Piero to "come back" but to no prevail. That is completely unfair and reminiscient of a true hypocrit.
    For the love of God, I'm not calling for Zlatan's head. I'm just saying he can never be the player we build our team around, because's he simply not good enough. He's a good player, no doubt, but if Zlatan were to be our best player, we're just as good as Ajax. And I doubt that's our intention.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    totti .... u r outta ya mind!! i dont want this dickhead

i agree that zlatan isnt gonna last long in juventus
    we need some fast forward

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)