our defence !!! (1 Viewer)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
hey guys
i think that our defence needs some work to make it much better cause it's not that strong right now or shall i say that it's not good at all . . .(see COMO match & u'll notice )
i assume that the main problem isn't in the defence line itself but in the central midfeilders like davids - baiocco(sometimes) - tacc. in which they dont' cover the back when we are attacking & the goal we conceede shows u what i'm saying . . .
plz send me some of ur comments :angel:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
WELCOME HUZI :extatic:

IMO when Tacchinardi isn't playing we miss him, since he is the only player that will sit in front of the back four, protecting them. In defence, I think we just need a young centre back, since Montero is getting a bit older each season, and it will be good if he has a ready replacement.

OP
Huzi

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    i just got mad when i hear that a team like Juventus only has one player in this importent position in the midfield . . .
    i think that ANGELLI isn't going so good with lippi these days cause his last statements show that (he described juve performance as miserable against como) i hope that the problems are coming so fast for us . . .

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
    Juve needs to strengthen its back ..

it's not all about tachi ... he still important not as important as CB ...

when i don't see Montero in the squad .. i don't feel that good ..
    ferarra is getting old and iullano always make silly mistakes ...

juve should bring players young and promising like mexes and allow player from the youth team to join the first team

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i agree,
    How many juve defenders will be playing in 4 years with juve??
    Ferrara, Fresi, Thuram, Montero, Bierindeli, Pessotto and maybe Iuliano will all be very old/retired.

I think Moretti looks like a good replacement for Pessotto. Tudor must stay with juve, he's great. besides them, juve has Zenoni(i'm not too fond of him).
    So the CB search must start now.
    Mexes, Chivu would be super transfers (maybe in a year or 2)
    this should give juve a long term solution.
    I also hear good things about Zanchi too.

Papa

Oct 8, 2002
    Stop talking about the young stars, you all sound like a Inter president, and we know what happen to them. Juve have in long time been the best defence in the whole world. Agnelli and Moggi know what to do if there are any problems. But I do agree that Ferrera isn't good enough anymore, and Luliano are making too many silly mistakes.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Papa ] ++
    Stop talking about the young stars, you all sound like a Inter president, and we know what happen to them. Juve have in long time been the best defence in the whole world. Agnelli and Moggi know what to do if there are any problems. But I do agree that Ferrera isn't good enough anymore, and Luliano are making too many silly mistakes.
    agree with every word. we have the best defence at the moment (even in the whole world), and when changes will be required (youngs defenders) we will buy the players we need, so it's nothing to worry about.
    i just think iuliano is better then everybody thinks of him- he make the defence be more relax and calm and thats good.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    I think we should buy a central defender next season, cause we need a replacement for Montero. And I meen a really good, solid and consistent defender. No matter how many quite good central defenders we have, we should have at least one in pure class like Montero, cause when the difficult games come Iuliano, Ferrara and Tudor won't be good enough. The ideal defender would be Nesta or Cannavaro, though it will be hard to buy them so soon as they have just swithed clubs.

But of course, if Montero could continue at such high level for more than one season, we don't need to buy anyone.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    we need a guy that is both young, but already well established and capable of leading our back line in a year or 2

I can only think of mexes that i've seen

an Iuliano doesn't suck, hey I used to think he was a bit of a liability but he really impressed me against newcastle, and although thats only one game, it still means something!

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't mean he's a bad defender, but I think he is too unconsistent and makes too many mistakes to be played regularly.

I haven't seen Mexes play, but after what I have heard about him he would be a great adition to our defence and a useful weapon in the futute. However, I have my doubts if he'll be as good as Montero:rolleyes:. After all, this is Serie A, not Division 1.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    we need a guy that is both young, but already well established and capable of leading our back line in a year or 2

I can only think of mexes that i've seen
    There is a plethera of young established talent available:

Mexes, Hofland, Armand, Van Buyten, Puyol, Cole. We could any or all of them, and I don't see why we don't buy a couple to replace our aging players. Think of a future back line of:

Puyol--Tudor--Van Buyten--Armand

That would be pretty sweet.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Ian your list: I haven't seen enough of hofland or armand or van buyten to really make a judgement, however what I have seen has been mostly good.

Puyol and Cole though..these are fantastic players but IMO would be very hard to get them to leave their respective clubs

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Our defence is indeed a problem. Thuram is playing great football at the moment,but he's getting too old,same thing goes for Ferrara and Montero. We definetely need to invest on some good young players in the future. My number 1 targets are Puyol and Chivu,whom have both been linked with Juve...

Puyol-Tudor-Chivu-Moretti

That doesn't look too bad,now we just need somebody to help cover for them in midfield. For now Tacchi will do,but if we are planning to win the Champions League we need somebody with more quality.

My dream lineup for next term :
    Buffon - Puyol,Tudor,Chivu,Moretti - Camoranesi,Brighi,Davids - Nedved - Sculli,Del Piero

Buffon will be here for years to come,and Moretti looks a safe replacement for Pessotto. Camo has looked quite impressive,and most of us have seen what Brighi can produce. Davids,Nedved and Del Piero are must haves,while Modena hitman Sculli looks a really good prospect,and we already own him. If Brighi stays at Parma for another season we will still have Tacchi,and btw,Manuele Blasi should be coming over from Perugia.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Puyol-Tudor-Chivu-Moretti

That's about as good as a defence can get,and all of the players are young and still have alot of years in them,while Thuram and Montero will run out of gas in a couple of years..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)