Our Cl opponents (1 Viewer)

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    Newcastle lost to chelsea 3-0

By all accounts , their achilles heel their defence let them down badly again and they seem to be short of hard men in midfield

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Feyenoord humiliated sub-topper Twente 1-5 last night in an away game in a sold-out stadium...

No achilles heel to be found and a very strong and solid team performance. The score should be even more shocking if it were to represent Feyenoord's performance....

Good luck Juve!!!

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    Newcastle are going through a really rough patch at the moment and they have a really hard match on saturday against thier bitterest rivals Sunderland.

Though both teams are going through a bad patch at the moment, all that will disappear once they square off against eachother on Saturday midday

Newcastle are surprisingly second bottom in the Epl and lost 2-0 at Kiev on wednesday

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Yeah, but we don't need to beat Feyenord.
    I feel we WILL beat them in the Delle Alpi though but you're right, we don't have to.

BTW; could you please spell it with double o? (Feyenoord) With just one 'o' it's a German word! :)

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    I dont think Newcastle will do well in Europe though I hate to admit it, but with their form, they should focus on getting better in the EPL.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    I feel we WILL beat them in the Delle Alpi though but you're right, we don't have to.

BTW; could you please spell it with double o? (Feyenoord) With just one 'o' it's a German word! :)
    Sorry mate, but I honestly thought that it was spelled with one "o", but then again, I've been known to mispell my own name...

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    Newcastle at last salvaged some pride in what has been so far a very frustrating start ot the season for them by beating deadly rivals 2-0 with goals from Craig Bellamy and Alan Shearer

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Newcastle at last salvaged some pride in what has been so far a very frustrating start ot the season for them by beating deadly rivals 2-0 with goals from Craig Bellamy and Alan Shearer
    Hardly fearsome performance, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)