Our Cl opponents (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
This is where we can find out about our cl opponents what their weaknesses and strengths are like and how they have been getting on in their domestic leagues

Being in England i can provide reports on Newcastle, i will trust Erikp to tell us about Feyernoord and whoever knows about Dinamo Kiev can help us

Newcastle are a very good club with one of the best supporters in the world, they can actually help Newcastle to win matches at home

Goal keeper Shay Given good shot stopper, prone to the odd mistake but he is very good

Defence this is the worst of Newcastle's team and theirgreatest weakness, they are not very organised at the back and Titus Bramble and Nikos Dabizas are hardly the world's best and make elementary mistakes at any given time

Midfield although they are good but not great, but on their day Robert and Solano can cause full backs problems, Dyer has a very good engine and never stops running but on the whole i think their midfield is not the best and Robert and Solano are very inconsistent

Attack now this is where they will cause problems with the pace fo lua lua especially Bellamy and the old war horse himself Shearer and half chance and he is like lyt to punish you

Strengths
They are very pacy
Knowledgeable manager who is very experienced
Theyy have a don't say attitude of late as they do not give up
Theri support at home is great
Their home form
Weakness
Their defence is very bad for a Cl team
Their away form is not very good either

Latest result
A very credible 2-2 draw away at Liverpool where they were 2 goals down till the 80th minute where they showed good character to come back

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
I consider myself something of a fan of Dynamo Kiev, but haven't really been interested since the reak up of the old Soviet league. Here is what I know anyway:

Kiev is a team that has always been one of best teams in the Ukraine. As we all know, this isn't saying much. While they have aften been to Uefa competitions, they have never performed well. There team is a mix of veterans who aren't good enough to make it in bigger leagues, and youngsters who are on their way up. Mostly Ukrainians, and a few other eastern european nationals. No players of note, and no remarkable character to the team. They are a classic work-man Ukrainian team. Predictable, beatable, but not easy.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
i think we'll beet them at home and maybe either win or draw at St. James'
my prediction:
2-0 win at home.
3-2 loss away.

do not underestimate newcastle's abilites their speed gives them an edge over us.

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
i think we'll beet them at home and maybe either win or draw at St. James'
the game against them in st james' might be very hard with respect to last season where we bungled against arsenal .
i hope your guess about a draw becomes true:)

Manutd.Visitor

Aug 30, 2002
so long as Juve are not too defensive at St James' Park a result is possible. It's easy to become defensive when you play Newcastle because of their frightening pace but should remember their weakness at the back.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
This is a pretty tricky group,but nothing Juve can't handle. Dinamo shouldn't be a problem,Newcastle will be hard to beat on the road,but we will triumph in Turin,and last but certainly not least,I don't see Feyenoord beating us. They have some class players like van Hooijdonk who we have to watch for,but I don't see them being our major challenge.

Group Standings (Prediction) :
1. Juve
2. Newc
3. Feye
4. Kiev

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Hmm not too strong not too weak teams. We should pass by quite easily if we want to be considered as one of the favourites for the CL

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
This is a pretty tricky group,but nothing Juve can't handle. Dinamo shouldn't be a problem,Newcastle will be hard to beat on the road,but we will triumph in Turin,and last but certainly not least,I don't see Feyenoord beating us. They have some class players like van Hooijdonk who we have to watch for,but I don't see them being our major challenge.

Group Standings (Prediction) :
1. Juve
2. Newc
3. Feye
4. Kiev
I would put Feyenoord above 'Newcastle's in the sky'

Jul 12, 2002
Yeah, Feyenord and Juve are the best teams in the group. Remember when Barca played Newcastle in the preseason, Barca ripped them apart, that is what will happen to them in the CL.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    Newcastle lost yesterday to Leeds 0-2 with goals from Mark Viduka and Alan Smith

I saw Pierre Van Hoidjonk score another spectacular freekick and a penalty for Feyernoord as the won

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I saw Pierre Van Hoidjonk score another spectacular freekick and a penalty for Feyernoord as the won
    Yea, his freekick is very dangerous, he reminds me of R.Carlos.:angel:

ACUG

Sep 14, 2002
    Feyernood will be hard for us i feel. tricky team to play against.

Newcastle is a hard team. They play well at St.James park, even though Barca pumped them preseason, it will still be hard.

And they have good players like Lua Lua, Shearer and that young guy who i cant think of at the moment.

Not to mention a very good midfield, the department where we lack a little. Dyer, Speed, Viana...all good players.

i think we should be able to top the group, if not, then we should really be kicking ourselves with the sqaud we have!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)