[OTHER] Other Leagues 2011/2012 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
It's a shame Ajax took their foot off the pedal after that 2-0, though I highly doubt Feyenoord will be able to cause much damage in the second leg.

Siem de Jong is turning into quite the player, not just because he scored those goals, but he's been pretty impressive for Ajax this year.

I don't mind who wins the league, but I'd rather see Ajax representing our league in the CL than Twente, if I'm honest.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do Holland only get one CL spot?

What do you think of Vertongen?

It's nice to see a CB capable of carrying the ball forward and making passes, in almost a libero-esque way. Pretty rare thing these days.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
The league winner is directly qualified and the nr 2 plays qualification matches like the nr 4 does in serie A, Well Ken, i agree i prefer Ajax aswell so let them both get a CL spot and lets see how it goes.

Vertongen is quite good for his age, he also got great technique and skills, only he looks like a the ideal son in law:D so he doesnt scare striker like Stam or Materazzi does, ask Amauri for that :D

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We have two CL spots, but only the league winners go directly into the CL. Second place earns a spot in the qualifying rounds, so I guess Ajax could reach the group stages anyway, but I'd simply rather see Ajax directly into the CL.

On the other hand, I give Ajax a better chance of reaching it through the qualifying rounds than Twente, a much better chance, so it might be better. Oh well, either way works I guess. :D

--

Vertonghen is good, but I don't quite rate him as highly as alot of people seem to do. I just don't think he's strong enough yet, even though many compare him to Vermaelen, I don't think he's reached that level yet. He's really good with the ball at his feet though, which should obviously count for something. I always think of that game where Amauri scored against Ajax twice, he was absolutely clueless. I have to say I've only seen a handful of Ajax games completely over the past months though.

I have to add that I never imagined Vermaelen would step up like he did on that level in the EPL either though, and Ajax usually have a good eye for talent.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Oh yea, definitely. I always prefer players who are good with the ball at their feet. A CB next to Chiellini who would be just that would be great.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Good to see Twente winning the league, they have been on top for the league almost the entire season, would have been a shame to loose it on the last matchday.

But impressive comeback from Ajax, they were a lot of points down in December last year.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Well deserved for Twente, We should keep an eye out for Douglas he is really talented! Plays as an rb!
Ajax will win the Dutch cup tho, Feyenoord can't stop them even when they lost the championship to Twente.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Van der Wiel won the 'Johan Cruijff Price', basically a price for talent of the year in our league. He hasn't missed a single minute for Ajax and is now a starter for the NT aswell.

Players like Robben, Sneijder, Afellay and Elia won it before..

:D

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Ken,

Did you see much of Dries Mertens?
I read he ended second in the rankings of best player of the year in Holland.
Is he really that good? Is he ready to be a starter for our NT?

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Is that the fc Utrecht guy?
The small and quick guy who made totally fools out of Psv,Az and the other teams defenders? Then yes ,he should be a starter for Belgium behind the one other favorite Belgium player, Moussa Dembele!

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
That is him, the small quick guy yes.

And with all due respect but did Moussa really show something this season which would justify him a starting place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)