Osama Bin Laden is dead! (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
BreakingNews: RT @REUTERSFLASH: White House says bin Laden killing not likely to affect timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops from Afghanistan
Twitter
6 minutes ago

As if we need their confirmation. :rolleyes:

And what friggin' timetable? The one that keeps becoming a new timetable?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #627
    That doesn't change the fact that Pakistan cannot be trusted. Harboring terrorists is far worse than your accusation of "whining".

Show some maturity man, these are facts that are further perpetuated by Pakistan's actions.
    You make a bold statement when you say "Pakistan harbors terrorist" without any proof.

I see what India does and it's pathetic. Trying to give their biggest terrorist attack a name with a ring to it ala 9/11 and it's pathetic. No matter what you say terrorist organizations such as Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and LeT have done the most harm to Pakistan. No other nation has lost as many civilians in this war on terror. Let me also remind you that you can't ignore history; and history will tell you that Pakistan didn't ask for what is happening there. It was the culmination of some tough decisions it had to make when it was threatened with the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan on one side and their arch enemy India on the other.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #629
    Last year this month 99 Ahmadi Muslims were murdered when two of our mosques were attacked in broad day light. Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed it. 99 people that my family knows one way or another. Also last year my cousins best friend was killed as he shielded a young boy when a mosque in Rawalpind that was attacked by the Taliban. You think Pakistani's willingly and purposely harbor terrorists that are killing their own people? Think rationally.

Apr 12, 2004
    Last year this month 99 Ahmadi Muslims were murdered when two of our mosques were attacked in broad day light. Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed it. 99 people that my family knows one way or another. Also last year my cousins best friend was killed as he shielded a young boy when a mosque in Rawalpind that was attacked by the Taliban. You think Pakistani's willingly and purposely harbor terrorists that are killing their own people? Think rationally.
    Yea, but those are all people that are hated on. Your sect is not widely accepted.

Not trying to be a dick, it's just that even you said the KSA hates on them hard.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #632
    ßöмßäяðîëя;3010395 said:
    Yea, but those are all people that are hated on. Your sect is not widely accepted.

Not trying to be a dick, it's just that even you said the KSA hates on them hard.
    That's true but how does that change anything? Pakistan Ahmadi's consider themselves Pakistani and have (and willing) sacrificed themselves for the nation despite our opposition.

Tahir, do you think that the Pakistani government knew where Bin Laden was living?
    I don't think so. The ISI might have but I really don't know how these intelligence agencies operate....there's a lot of shady shit that goes on so I won't speculate.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Isn't Abbottabad known for its military establishments? So OBL was supposedly living right in a hornet's nest of military activity and wasn't found out until recently?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Isn't Abbottabad known for its military establishments? So OBL was supposedly living right in a hornet's nest of military activity and wasn't found out until recently?
    That's what I'm wondering. I thought the ISI was supposed to be one of the best intelligence services on the planet, kind of funny that their neighbor was Osama Bin Laden.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #636
    ßöмßäяðîëя;3010403 said:
    I'm just stating that the hatred is there inside the nation, that you can't really draw any conclusions as to the death of them.

At least that's how I think.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say but I'll add that even though there is a lot of opposition to us and the fact that we've been persecuted in the past, we've never been on the end of anything on this scale before.

If you take a look at this wiki link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2010_attacks_on_Ahmadi_mosques_in_Lahore#Responsibility

It says that the reason behind the attacks was that Al-Qaeda wanted to gain sympathy among Pakistani's. In the past they've attacked Shia's but that didn't really gain them any support so they though killing Ahmadi's would be better.

It is. I'm not ruling out that someone knew about his whereabouts but then again you know how they find these kids locked up in someones basement for two decades and all the while there's a police station down the road. Just a thought.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    It was close to a military academy, the Pakistani version of a West Point or Sandhurst. Suspicious, yes, but also where no1 would have really expected.

As for whether he is dead, does it really matter? Other than the political points for Obama, this has very little effect on the "war on terror". It's funny watching all these idiotic pundits on TV claiming the snakes head has been cut. It's not as if he was a front line commander, and given all the AQ affiliated groups with differing interest (beyond "death to America), he couldn't have been providing much strategic guidance either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)