Opinion on: Luciano Spalletti (2 Viewers)

Spalletti

• 1 - pissed

• 10 -ecstatic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2007
Gigli cautious over Ferrara Thursday 4 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli gave a cagey response when asked about the prospect of Ciro Ferrara taking full charge of the first team.

Ferrara stepped in to the breach when Claudio Ranieri was sacked with just two games remaining this season.

He did what was asked of him and won both matches, helping the Bianconeri secure a second place finish in Serie A.

Ferrara now wants to be considered for the bench on a full time basis, though he faces competition from Luciano Spalletti.

“Ferrara remains a valid candidate, but there are also other names under consideration,” Cobolli Gigli explained.

“Jean Claude Blanc intends to arrive at a decision in the next few days,” he added before admitting the players support Ferrara.
“That seems to be the case, although understanding the thoughts of other people is always complicated.”

Cobolli Gigli then went on to talk about Spalletti, who is due to meet Roma President Rosella Sensi later today to discuss his future.

“Spalletti is the trainer of Roma and it seems that Roma want to keep him and we respect the thoughts of Sensi, he concluded.

the players want ferrara.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
will this guy ever SHUT THE FUCK UP...let Blanc, hell let Secco talk but not this ass clown...he is way too fond of giving statements in the media

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #87
    We need a coach and trainers WITH CL/Europe experience. Having a week's time to train a club is different than playing every 3 days.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I like Ferrara very much and I wish him all the best, but is it really wise to make him our head coach? He has played with some of the players in the squad (which I consider a downside) and is inexperienced. On the plus side, he's a juventino or at least has become one and I like his attitude. He'd get a lot of credit from the fans as well.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I like Ferrara very much and I wish him all the best, but is it really wise to make him our head coach? He has played with some of the players in the squad (which I consider a downside) and is inexperienced. On the plus side, he's a juventino or at least has become one and I like his attitude. He'd get a lot of credit from the fans as well.
    Him playing alongside some of the players in the squad is an advantage if you look at it this way. Communication will become easier because they were perceiving similar information at one time. Then again, who are those players? Del piero and Buffon? Well, that's not a problem and it won't cause any conflicts, these three are class.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Him playing alongside some of the players in the squad is an advantage if you look at it this way. Communication will become easier because they were perceiving similar information at one time. Then again, who are those players? Del piero and Buffon? Well, that's not a problem and it won't cause any conflicts, these three are class.
    Camoranesi ;)

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    He won't cause any trouble, Alex will know how to deal with it.

Come on, Ferrara as team manager can't go wrong, it's like a bunch of friends wanting to play a football match there's always better communicatiion.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    He won't cause any trouble, Alex will know how to deal with it.

Come on, Ferrara as team manager can't go wrong, it's like a bunch of friends wanting to play a football match there's always better communicatiion.
    That's how it starts out, yes. Anyway, I don't really mind Ferrara. He's a great guy, won his two first games, will be liked by the fans and his mentality is right. Perhaps he will be the next big Italian coach, who knows? So I'm not against it at all.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #93
    I don't mind Ciro either. Motivation, leadership, defensive awareness, winning mentality all rhyme with Ciro. If he and his staff can prepare the players for all 3 competitions then I have no problem at all with him being appointed. I love the guy.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I have my concerns about Ferrara, but I won't complain about him being appointed so long as he has an experienced and top class staff around him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)