Only in America: Dumbass (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:yawn:

There's few things I find more depressing when travelling in America than going to every big city to godforsaken podunk town to find billboards and bus advertising wraps of those two wild and wacky, local shock jocks in the morning. Whooeee. They are just insane. Wow. Those crazy guys. What will they do next. Every place with a population over 10,000 and a radio station has the same exact formula everywhere. Completely brain dead.

Lame City.

Sorry I'm not as enthusiastic... the whole formula is old, tired, and pathetically redundant.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I didn't wanna open a new thread for this, but take a look at this article :eek:

Dog Calls Ambulance, and Barks to Save Owner
By Mark Sage, PA News, in New York

It was like a scene from Lassie. A dog telephoned for an ambulance and then unlocked the door for the police after her owner fell from her wheelchair.

After calling 911, four-year-old Rottweiler, Faith, barked urgently into the receiver to get help for 45-year-old Leana Beasley.

Ms Beasley suffered a seizure at her home in Washington state, in the north west United States.

“I sensed there was a problem on the other end of the 911 call,” said emergency operator Jenny Buchanan.

“The dog was too persistent in barking directly into the phone receiver. I knew she was trying to tell me something.”

Faith has been trained to knock the receiver off the hook and press a speed dial button to call the emergency services.

But that’s not all. The dog is also trained in first aid.

“She’s trained to get under my body, roll me to my stomach so that fluid can run out,” Ms Beasley told the local television channel KVEW-TV.

“She takes her nose pushes my chin up to open the airway, and then she’s trained to lick my face and keep any fluid away so I don’t drown.”

Faith also uses her sensitive nose to detect changes in Ms Beasley’s body chemistry which could indicate she is about to have a seizure.

Ms Beasley believes Faith had been trying to warn her all day that she was in danger.

The day of the fall, Faith “had been acting very clingy, wanting to be touching me all day long” Ms Beasley said.

Ms Beasley spent three weeks in hospital after the fall on September 7 and has recovered since doctors changed her medication.

--------------------------------------------------

:shocked:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)