Ones to look out for (1 Viewer)

aimar

Sep 29, 2003
post young players(until around 25-26) that you've spotten playing. Players you think will make it big but arent really famous at the moment (that means no van der vaarts and adus here)

from the last match, i was hugely impressed by Castillo. He's only 18, but cause alot of trouble. Definitely one to look out for me..he's Juve quality. I was shocked when i found out that he's only 18.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
Diomansy Kamara, Hossam Ghali, and I'm not so sure about Mido.

Hopefully, I'll get to see more wonderful talents as the Serie A season continues. I was also impressed with Di Natale of Empoli.

Also....don't know how old Claus Jensen of Charlton is (I'm guessing late 20s or early 30s) but he is amazing.

OP
aimar

aimar

Sep 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by aimar ] ++
    Players you think will make it big but arent really famous at the moment
    :D

nevermind

Alieksandre Hleb from Stuttgart..great talent

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I guess I might as well chip in with some Irish players.

Liam Miller (Glasgow Celtic): An Ireland U21 international, this attacking midfielder has just broken through at Celtic, and is scoring like a striker. He's scored a hatful for the Ireland U21s, a number in Celtic's pre-season, including a last-minute equaliser against Arsenal, and a couple in the CL. All this despite coming off the bench most games. Expect to see him replace Lambert in the medium term at Celtic. Long term could see a move to England

Seán Thornton (Sunderland FC): Another Ireland U21, midfielder Thornton broke into the Sunderland last season with a bang, winning rave reviews for his stamina, work-rate and determined tackling. A potential midfield terrier in the mold of Roy Keane.

Thomas Butler (Sunderland FC): Yep, another Ireland U21, a right-winger who can play on the left by virtue of his ability to swing in a wicked cross with the outside of his right boot. Tricky and agile, he needs to get a couple of seasons of football under his belt, but could emerge a very good winger.

Andy Reid (Nottingham Forest): How did you guess: yes, he's an Ireland U21. Left winger or supporting striker, Reid has been described as "Forest's little Figo". Has suddenly found a scoring touch, which has added to his growing reputation as one of the top players in the English First Division.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Who are they Paranoia? Pienaar is Dutch, right? And Deisler is the Bayern Munich right-winger the Germans rate very highly (very injury prone)? The others I don't recognise at all.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Landon Donovan, Fabio Bazzani, Wesley Sneijder, and Daniele De Rossi are some promising youngsters who haven't been mentioned, and then of course there's Di Natale, Santana, and Kewell whose names have been called. Oh yeah, and Shunsuke Nakamura, how old is he?

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    xabi alonso (real sociedad)22 y.o.
    philippe senderos (aresenal)18yo. sweiss
    hamit altintop(schalke)21 turk
    gabriel milito (realk zaragoza)23 argentiina

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Landon Donovan, Fabio Bazzani, Wesley Sneijder, and Daniele De Rossi are some promising youngsters who haven't been mentioned, and then of course there's Di Natale, Santana, and Kewell whose names have been called. Oh yeah, and Shunsuke Nakamura, how old is he?

nakamura is a f*cking gifted playmaker... he had 21 assist in a half J-league season before he moved to Reggina.... not have the commanding assurance of Nakata though... he cant seem to do what Nakata did at perugia.. but I'm sure he will be more succesful in a more quality environment than Reggina.....

he is 25 btw...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    xabi alonso (real sociedad)22 y.o.
    philippe senderos (aresenal)18yo. sweiss
    hamit altintop(schalke)21 turk
    gabriel milito (realk zaragoza)23 argentiina
    Xabi Alonso is 22 yrs old? WTH! :wth: I thought he was much older :eek: He's really mature for his age, and a great player too! :thumb:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

Hopefully, I'll get to see more wonderful talents as the Serie A season continues. I was also impressed with Di Natale of Empoli.
    I was impressed by his display against juve...and against Lazio he was superb too.

Definitely this guy will rock in the future in he receives the opportunities...how old is he BTW?? He remembers Roy Makkay to me.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Xabi Alonso is 22 yrs old? WTH! :wth: I thought he was much older :eek: He's really mature for his age, and a great player too! :thumb:
    yes he is 22.and has an old brother too.r u mixing again?:D:p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Kim Nam-il (Excelsior), 25

I dunno why Feyenoord didn't take him on instead of loaning him to Excelsior. He was a very solid defensive midfielder during the WC, but took some knocks against Italy and Spain, and ended up with a broken angle or sth. Very promising though

Lee Yong-pyo (PSV Eindhoven), 26

A very effective winger, he provided many of the assists during Korea's world cup. Consistently plays 90 minutes for PSV

Park Ji-sung (PSV Eindhovern), 22

Best known for his awesome goal against Portugal (chest, juggle, volley through Vitor Baia's legs :strong:). Gifted attacking midfielder who also features in Guus Hiddink's PSV squad for most games

Song Chong-gug (Feyenoord), 24

:strong: During the World Cup, completely nullified down some of the best attackers in the world, notably Luis Figo who was invisible because of his performance. Also scored the final goal against Turkey in the bronze playoff. Pacy defender who is also
    effective going forward.

Seol Ki-hyeon (Anderlecht),24

The only Korean player in Europe before the World Cup (apart from Ahn Jung Hwan). The only Korean player to score in the Champions League, he was in great form after the WC too, scoring 8 goals in 4 matches for his Belgian Club. He didn't do very well at the WC (though he scored the equaliser against Italy :p) because he was played out of position on the side rather than as a striker.

Lee Chun-soo (Real Sociedad),21

Didn't get much of a chance at the WC, but he was fielded somewhat against Germany and Turkey, where he showed flashes of potential. Almost had a goal in his Sociedad debut, but Darko nipped in and poked his already-going-in chip into the goal :groan::frown: Scored in 6 consecutive games for K-league club Ulsan Hyundai before his move to Spain.

I didn't include Ahn Jung-Hwan because he sux :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)