Olof Mellberg (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Sven to Juve: Sign Mellberg
Friday 23 November, 2007
Ex-Lazio Coach Sven Goran Eriksson has advised Juventus to sign Swedish defensive star Olof Mellberg.

The Bianconeri are looking to strengthen their defence as Portuguese star Jorge Andrade has a long-term injury and Domenico Criscito and Jean-Alain Boumsong haven’t convinced.

Mellberg has been at Aston Villa since 2001, but he is refusing to commit to a new contract and is reportedly keen on a move to Serie A.

“It would be a good idea for Juventus to sign Mellberg,” Eriksson told Tuttosport.

“For seven seasons he has been a crucial foundation for Aston Villa and he has over seventy caps for Sweden.

“He is a hard-working and sturdy fighter. I don’t know him very well as a man, but I can vouch for him as a player, a winner and a leader.”

The Cadetti champions are expected to approach Aston Villa within the next three weeks to begin talks over a winter transfer.

Channel4

---
I gotta say I agree with Sven's thinking. Mellberg is a solid, experienced player who I'd welcome into our squad, especially if we could get him at a discount because of his contract situation.

Is he good enough? Is he too old? Are there better options out there? Discuss please.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)