Olivier Bernard off to Juventus (2 Viewers)

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by allrounder ] ++
Reports today in the Corrie della Sera, a trusted Italian newspaper, suggest that Newcastle full-back Olivier Bernard, is going to Juventus. There are also reports in several other newspapers.

Juventus first wanted Jankulovski, but it now looks like they will be making a move for Oliver Bernard, who is out of contract in the summer and would be available on a free.

La Repubblica states: Juventus are to offer a contract to Oliver Bernard of Newcastle United.

The Corrie Della Sera also reports that Olivier Bernard will be going to Juventus, but also has Igor Tudor going in the opposite direction.

La Stampa is reporting that Bernard is off to Juventus too, and also that Tudor will come to St James' Park - only Newcastle will recieve some cash too.

Each paper is confident that Bernard will move from St James' Park.
you must be taking the piss. like hell we will hes crap.

Sep 14, 2003
You know, I've no problem with Juve bringing in untried players, we've been doing it for years, but I've seen enough of this chap to know he simply isn't a player we need at Juve, even if it is only cover for Zambrotta.

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

I've seen him play. One of the worst left backs.
I agree maybe the worst left back I have seen play in the Premier league or any top league. He is good going forward but makes quite a few mistakes at the back.

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
Why do we need a left back we have Gorgio Chellieni on loan at Fiorentina and Zambrotta, who is world class. I hope we get Jankulovski but I doubt it. :down:

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
Bernard in Juve's sights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernard has been a consistent figure for The Magpies, but he would appear to be on his way out of St James' Park as talks over a new deal have failed to bear fruit.

The defender has suggested he would happily stay with Newcastle, provided they match his contract demands.

The two sides have failed to reach a suitable agreement and it is being suggested that Newcastle have resigned themselves to losing the French full back in January.

With Newcastle bringing in a left back for January in the form of Celestine Babayaro, it could be that manager Graeme Souness feels he can allow Bernard to move on from Tyneside.

Bernard's displays have caught the eye of a clutch of teams, with his rampaging style down the left flank attracting some of Europe's big hitters.

There are few bigger clubs in Europe than Juventus and it is being claimed that coach Fabio Capello has set his sights on luring Bernard to Turin.

Juventus are leading the way in Serie A and are through to the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League.

Capello is said to be happy with most areas of his squad, while it has been claimed there will be no new arrivals in January, but one area of concern is at left back.

Gianluca Zambrotta has been turning out at left back and although the Italian international has performed with great credit, he is not a natural full back.

It could well be that Capello has earmarked a left back for January and rumours are suggesting Bernard is his favoured option.

French television reports have claimed Bernard is ready to make the move to the Old Lady when the transfer window opens in January and have even suggested a deal is close to being finalised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This isn't a joke but I wish it was. He would be free,which is a good thing and we could put Zambrotta on left wing but then where would we put Nedved ? in the CM with Emerson or as a CAM ?

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
he is not that bad as you make him out. Ive seen him play againstmachester this week and he seemed liked the best player outof newcastle. I would say that he would as a subsitute. Especialy when we dont have any reserves for a left back

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
We could lose Bernard to Fulham, as they want to trade Luis Boa Morte (Luis dead woman, in the google translator :D) for Bernard.

Jul 28, 2002
bernard.....patchy going forward, a shambles at the back. Why do we want him him?? free? we have biri, pessoto, and rambo....why more fodder??

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
We could lose Bernard to Fulham, as they want to trade Luis Boa Morte (Luis dead woman, in the google translator :D) for Bernard.
Chris Coleman is not that stupid...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)