Olivier Bernard off to Juventus (1 Viewer)

allrounder

Jan 3, 2003
Reports today in the Corrie della Sera, a trusted Italian newspaper, suggest that Newcastle full-back Olivier Bernard, is going to Juventus. There are also reports in several other newspapers.

Juventus first wanted Jankulovski, but it now looks like they will be making a move for Oliver Bernard, who is out of contract in the summer and would be available on a free.

La Repubblica states: Juventus are to offer a contract to Oliver Bernard of Newcastle United.

The Corrie Della Sera also reports that Olivier Bernard will be going to Juventus, but also has Igor Tudor going in the opposite direction.

La Stampa is reporting that Bernard is off to Juventus too, and also that Tudor will come to St James' Park - only Newcastle will recieve some cash too.

Each paper is confident that Bernard will move from St James' Park.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by allrounder ] ++
La Stampa is reporting that Bernard is off to Juventus too, and also that Tudor will come to St James' Park - only Newcastle will recieve some cash too.
:confused: why would we pay or offer Tudor if Bernard is out of conract?

I can see Tudor moving to EPL, but this Bernard, is he any good?

EDIT:

I googled him and found an article from a french magazin (nouvel obs') saying that Newcastle offered a contract to Bernard. Juven wasn't mentionned.

http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/sport/20041214.FAP0703.html?1633

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Bernard compared to Janku is SHIT. He's an OK left-back, nothing more. He goes forward a lot, sort of like R. Carlos and his defending isnt anything near brilliant. i'm totally against this move.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Bernard, hahahahahaha. The newspaper must be kidding.

The only thing bernard is, is athletic. Moggi and his athletic players..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This has got to be a joke. Bernard is one of the most risky left-backs in the world, and has a penchant for helping the other team score and not closing down the opposition. He gets beat in the EPL, he would get raped in Italy.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Maybe he likes to play in black and white , who knows? But I know there aint smoke without fire as 4 newspapers are carrying this story but why on earth would we need another left back and even if we do why a newcastle player, ok why not go the whole hog and get Bramble and O" Brien for Thuram and Cannavaro?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Maybe the press got the wrong player, and maybe Laurent Robert is the player we are going to obtain from Newcastle. Robert is supposed to leave this January after contract and playing disputes. Well, I just pray that its not Bernard..

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i'll pray with u :D

if moggi really want a leftback, might as well get Chiellini back.

i want Jankulovski :down: i'd shoot myself if he goes to Inter....God forbid

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

if moggi really want a leftback, might as well get Chiellini back.
Exactly. What was the point of buying him if we're going to embaress ourseleves with a player bearly good enough to play in Serie A?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)