Oh great, another sex scandal (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Judge due to decide fate of Foxes

Six Leicester players will learn if they are to face charges today after being detained overnight following allegations of sexual assault by three German women in Cartagena.

A Spanish judge freed midfielder Steffen Freund, defender Nikos Dabizas and reserve goalkeeper Danny Coyne yesterday evening after a court heard evidence from the players and the three complainants.

Former Tottenham player Freund has been released without charge while Greece international Dabizas and Coyne have been what is described as `provisionally freed'.

Now the judge will be decide if there is sufficient evidence to take action against any of the remaining six - Matt Elliott, Keith Gillespie, Lilian Nalis, Paul Dickov, Frank Sinclair and James Scowcroft - or allow them to return to England.

Four of the players - Nalis, Dickov, Scowcroft and Sinclair - were being held over allegations of sexual assault and breaking and entering.

Gillespie was questioned over assault and breaking and entering.

Dabizas, Coyne and Elliot were all questioned over accusations of breaking and entering and failing to assist the women, while Freund had been quizzed over failing to offer assistance to the victim of a crime, an offence under the Spanish penal code.

The allegations were made by the three women at Alicante airport as they prepared to head back to Germany after a holiday.

Leicester chief executive Tim Davies, who flew to Spain to be with manager Micky Adams and the players on Thursday, said: 'We are pleased that three of our players have been cleared of improper conduct.

'They are now free to leave Spain and will be returning to England as soon as is possible.'

City have promised to launch an internal investigation into events since the squad flew out to the La Manga complex for a training camp on Sunday.

But they have also pledged to 'vigorously contest' any possible charges and allegations that may arise.

A club statement read: 'Due to the ongoing investigations of the Spanish authorities, the club is not in a position to comment in detail on the specific charges and allegations which have been made.

'However, the club is treating this situation with the utmost seriousness and will be launching its own full and thorough internal investigation.

'We have spoken with our players and they wish to make it clear that they will vigorously contest all charges and allegations made against them.

'Our immediate next step is to bring home all our players as soon as is practically possible and get everyone back on the training ground ahead of our Premiership trip to Birmingham in nine days time.'

The remainder of the squad not being quizzed by police cut short the visit to Spain and flew back home on Wednesday evening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long is this bs gonna continue in football :wallbang:

The only good I can see coming from this is if I bet on Birmingham City playing against their reserves side...

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The BBC says it has no plans to use Stan Collymore as a football pundit "in the near future" after the former England footballer admitted visiting "dogging" sites to have sex with strangers.

The ex-striker confessed to his wife Estelle that he had driven to several public places near their Staffordshire home where people watch each other having sex in cars.

BBC Radio Five Live, which had previously employed the 33-year-old as a commentator for football matches, said it did not intend to hire him again.

A spokesman said: "Stan Collymore has been used occasionally on a freelance basis by Radio Five Live as a contributor. He does not have a contract with the BBC and we have no plans to use him in the near future."

The corporation made its decision after Collymore told the Daily Mirror: "Over the last couple of years I have been to dogging sites maybe a dozen to 15 times, and yes I have taken part and had sex during them. What I have done is disgusting and I'm so ashamed, but I'm only human.

"I can only beg for forgiveness. My only hope is that the people I know and love can find it in their hearts to forgive me."

There was no sign of the ex-footballer at his home in an exclusive private estate near to Cannock's Shoal Hill Common.

His wife was thought to be inside the house, but was too upset to speak to reporters about the revelations.

Collymore told the Daily Mirror that he became curious about dogging sites after reading about them on the Internet, with his most recent visit to Cannock Chase taking place on Saturday.

His secret encounters at dogging sites were revealed by two undercover reporters from The Sun newspaper who met him at the countryside attraction's car park.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    :sigh: we shan't even bother making new threads about sex scandals in english football anymore :undecide:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    I mean what Stan did was wrong, but imagine life with reporters watching your every move, harassing you or your family for interviews or something, knocking at your door, and all that.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Judge due to decide fate of Foxes

Six Leicester players will learn if they are to face charges today after being detained overnight following allegations of sexual assault by three German women in Cartagena.

A Spanish judge freed midfielder Steffen Freund, defender Nikos Dabizas and reserve goalkeeper Danny Coyne yesterday evening after a court heard evidence from the players and the three complainants.

Former Tottenham player Freund has been released without charge while Greece international Dabizas and Coyne have been what is described as `provisionally freed'.

Now the judge will be decide if there is sufficient evidence to take action against any of the remaining six - Matt Elliott, Keith Gillespie, Lilian Nalis, Paul Dickov, Frank Sinclair and James Scowcroft - or allow them to return to England.

Four of the players - Nalis, Dickov, Scowcroft and Sinclair - were being held over allegations of sexual assault and breaking and entering.

Gillespie was questioned over assault and breaking and entering.

Dabizas, Coyne and Elliot were all questioned over accusations of breaking and entering and failing to assist the women, while Freund had been quizzed over failing to offer assistance to the victim of a crime, an offence under the Spanish penal code.

The allegations were made by the three women at Alicante airport as they prepared to head back to Germany after a holiday.

Leicester chief executive Tim Davies, who flew to Spain to be with manager Micky Adams and the players on Thursday, said: 'We are pleased that three of our players have been cleared of improper conduct.

'They are now free to leave Spain and will be returning to England as soon as is possible.'

City have promised to launch an internal investigation into events since the squad flew out to the La Manga complex for a training camp on Sunday.

But they have also pledged to 'vigorously contest' any possible charges and allegations that may arise.

A club statement read: 'Due to the ongoing investigations of the Spanish authorities, the club is not in a position to comment in detail on the specific charges and allegations which have been made.

'However, the club is treating this situation with the utmost seriousness and will be launching its own full and thorough internal investigation.

'We have spoken with our players and they wish to make it clear that they will vigorously contest all charges and allegations made against them.

'Our immediate next step is to bring home all our players as soon as is practically possible and get everyone back on the training ground ahead of our Premiership trip to Birmingham in nine days time.'

The remainder of the squad not being quizzed by police cut short the visit to Spain and flew back home on Wednesday evening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long is this bs gonna continue in football :wallbang:

The only good I can see coming from this is if I bet on Birmingham City playing against their reserves side...
    Thank god Steffen Freund is released.As for the rest ,I don't care :undecide:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Why do you like Steffen Freund? He's a violent bastard!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    oh and i wanna slap every one of you who said "those brits"

stop stereotyping on basis of nationality.

when a couple dutch players had nandrolone in their system did u think all dutchmen were tokers?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Three Leicester City players - Keith Gillespie, Paul Dickov and Frank Sinclair - have been charged with sexual aggression and breaking and entering after an alleged attack on three German tourists.

Three others - Matt Elliott, Lilian Nalis and James Scowcroft - have been released. Scowcroft has been ordered to pay 20,000 euros bail (£13,422) and to attend a Spanish consulate twice a month.

Leicester City operations manager Paul Mace insisted Dickov, Sinclair and Gillespie will continue to protest their innocence.

Mace told The Press Association: ``We are currently in consultation with our legal representatives over the exact situation facing three of our players (Dickov, Sinclair and Gillespie).

``We wish to make it clear that these three players continue to protest their innocence concerning the charges made against them.

``The club are committed towards bringing all three home as soon as is practicably possible and will continue to work with our legal representatives to secure their release.''

From a playing point of view the loss of Dickov will most hit Leicester's chances of staying in the Barclaycard Premiership.

Dickov joined Leicester just over two years ago from Manchester City but was unable to rescue them from relegation to Division One.

But the Scottish international scored 20 goals last season in helping the club regain their top flight status.

This season the has been on target 10 times and believes he has proved the doubters wrong who wondered if he was still capable of scoring consistently in the Premiership.

His competitive streak was shown only last weekend when he was involved in a bust-up with Wolves midfielder Alex Rae, accusing his fellow Scot of trying to get him sent off.

Sinclair has been at Leicester for five years after finding his opportunities at Chelsea blocked followed the influx of foreign stars.

He became Leicester's then record signing in the summer of 1998 when he moved from Stamford Bridge in a £2.5million deal.

Thirty-two-year-old Sinclair has been a regular and reliable defender, making more than 175 appearances for the club, but this season opportunities have been restricted because of an Achilles problem.

Sinclair is now back to fitness and has been looking to convince manager Micky Adams that he deserves a new contract.

The struggling Barclaycard Premiership club had flown their players to the upmarket La Manga sports resort for a warm weather break as they prepared to battle against relegation.

The incident has thrown the club into crisis with the prospect of having to fight this season's crucial campaign without some key players.

It has also further mired the reputation of English football in sleaze and scandal.

It is believed the players were remanded after they took part in an identification process involving the alleged victims.

They now face a prolonged stay behind bars in a Spanish jail and if convicted long sentences.

The decision to remand the players was taken by the woman investigating judge hearing the case, Pilar Perez Martin.

Scores of journalists, mainly Spanish and British, have converged on the court building but the proceedings were being conducted behind closed doors.

Two other players, Nikos Dabizas and Danny Coyne, were "provisionally released'' following a hearing yesterday and were driven away in the back of an estate car, hiding beneath coats from the media scrum gathered outside the court.

A ninth player, Steffen Freund, who had also been arrested in relation to the allegations, had earlier been released from the court without charge.

The first team are not playing this weekend due to cup ties and travels to Birmingham next Saturday.

The club's chief executive, Tim Davies, who travelled to La Manga, said outside the court last night that the allegations had come as a ``tremendous shock'' to the players.

Club manager Micky Adams said he was ``devastated'' by the allegations.

The accusations centre on an alleged incident earlier this week when three women were said to have been attacked by a group of drunken players.

Staff at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, where the incident is alleged to have taken place, told police that the players had been fighting among themselves and with other customers.

They were said to have barged into a hotel room and attacked the women, leaving them with multiple injuries.

The women, thought to be of African origin, made their allegations at Alicante airport on Tuesday as they were preparing to board a flight to Germany where they live. They were persuaded by police to remain in Spain to assist the inquiry.

From www.football365.com

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
    oh and i wanna slap every one of you who said "those brits"

stop stereotyping on basis of nationality.

when a couple dutch players had nandrolone in their system did u think all dutchmen were tokers?
    The word is "dopers", not "tokers." Don't group all drug users together...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

The word is "dopers", not "tokers." Don't group all drug users together...
    true. shouldnt have used tokers- wrong context, but i dont like the word dopers. come to think of it if lilianna said tokers would you have said anything? ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    The English Premiership, the best league in the world........for scandels.
    Wow, not often I see you posting outside of match threads Holdon. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)