Official: Trez signs a contract extension till 2008 (1 Viewer)

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
Trez pens Juve extension Thursday 22 July, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After months of negotiations, David Trezeguet has finally renewed his contract with Juventus.

The Frenchman only had a year left on his old deal before today committing himself to the club until 2008.

There were fears that the striker would leave, with Barcelona very interested, as agreeing terms with Juve was proving to be problematic.

Yet director general Luciano Moggi has confirmed that the former Monaco man will remain in Turin.

"We decided to meet Trezeguet’s requests and the contract has been signed," stated the transfer guru.

The player himself was also delighted that he would continue to wear the Bianconeri colours.

"I’m happy to have stayed and that the situation has been resolved," said the international.

"The arrival of Fabio Capello as Coach was certainly a factor. We lost a winning boss in Lippi but fortunately another one has arrived."

I am wery glead to hear that he is one of our best players who can decide a game single handedly

Buy on AliExpress.com

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
there are allready 3 threads about trez extension. And you have made almost 2 identical threads

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Trez eyes Platini record

Juventus striker David Trezeguet has set his sights on compatriot Michel Platini's goalscoring record for the club.

Platini is listed amongst Juventus legends after scoring 105 times, but Trezeguet is just 12 shy of this tally after a brace against Atalanta.

"It is a goal that I am keen to reach," said Trezeguet.

"For me it is hugely important to reach Platini's record in this shirt.

"I am feeling in fine condition and this team is more attacking so I have more opportunities.

"As I've always said, with my role so much hinges on my team-mates."

Trezeguet appears to have quickly forged a relationship with new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"I am enjoying playing alongside him," said the France international.

"He is tall and takes defenders away. We have not had much time together and he does not speak Italian.

"He has huge qualities that can make him the primary or secondary striker and that guarantees a good weight in attack."

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
"As I've always said, with my role so much hinges on my team-mates."
I'm glad Trez understands his shortcomings, and is humble enough to admit that he relies so much on the work of his teammates.

Best of luck to you David; keep banging in the goals and I won't be too harsh on your style of play :D

Jul 28, 2002
well at least he kno's his problems, hopefully h amy even take his own initiative and try and improve it.....

i knew trez has scored a few, but no that many jees!!

Imo for trez and z to work perfetly, the need a midfielder to make runs into the box, plenty of deliveries from wide and some nice through balls, then he will score for fun..again.

Aug 26, 2003
only 12 goals missing? very impressive!!!

he scored 6 times in his last 4 games! he is really on form! i find the 2nd goal against brescia very good, he got the ball and shot and it was a goal!!

i think also against brescia trez has played very well and search the playing with Ibra and also assisted him!

keep going on trez

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I'm glad Trez understands his shortcomings, and is humble enough to admit that he relies so much on the work of his teammates.

Best of luck to you David; keep banging in the goals and I won't be too harsh on your style of play :D
lool..if he brings us the goal then were happy with the way he scored :D

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
MOggi made a big mistake for keeping him with juve , and time will tell that he is useless:(
u must itching with utter dissapointment and embrassment when trezeguet scored the two vs atlanta , making him, again, the leading scorer in Juventus ..useless eeey..;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)