Official Transfers Thread (6 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Transfer Updates:

- Glen Johnsen to Chelsea
- Jose Mari to Villareal
- Fabricio Coloccini to Villareal (loan)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Jose Mari, and Colccini to Villareal.:undecide:.
Both players too good for them, IMO.

BTW, Palermo has to be one of the most overrated player in the world. Anyone remember penalties?:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Diego Pablo Simone has completed his proposed transfer from Italian giants Lazio to Atletico Madrid.

The Argentine international has signed a two-year contract with the capital outfit and will be presented to the media on Friday.

"It was a difficult decision to take because I will always carry Lazio in my heart," said the veteran.

"It was very emotional to wave goodbye to my teammates earlier this week and I will never forget them.

"If Lazio travel to Real Madrid in the Champions’ League then I’ll be at the Bernabeu giving my support.

"But for now I must just concentrate on my own future. I think I have still got a couple of good years left in me at a club that I know well."

The 33-year-old spent three successful seasons in Spain with Atletico between 1994 and 1997.

He then joined Inter before he was transferred to Lazio as part of the deal that saw Christian Vieri move in the other direction in 1999.

Staying in Spain, Patrick Kluivert won’t be joining an Italian outfit after he committed his future to Barcelona.

------------------
Source: Football Italia

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Godot, is Kluivert going to accept his new reduced salary?:eek:,
Even though I am somewhat sceptical, if this pans out, hell, Laporta isn't el hombre loco, as we think he is.;).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
At the moment it seems that Kluivert is actually gonna accept :eek: If he does then Laporta has done an excellent job since joining - Rustu, Marquez, Quaresma and now Kluivert taking a pay-cut :shocked:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Apparently Mendieta signed a new deal with Lazio extending his stay taking a pay cut.

If Mendieta can find his Valencia form where he was no doubt one of the best, Lazio would just be the best :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Apparently Mendieta signed a new deal with Lazio extending his stay taking a pay cut.

If Mendieta can find his Valencia form where he was no doubt one of the best, Lazio would just be the best :D
You're stretching man!:D.
Pizarro-Fiore-Stankovic-Mendieta midfield would be too offensive IMO. What would your mid. lineup be K10?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
AJAX ABOUT TO SIGN GRYGERA

Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam are said to have reached an unofficial deal with Czech defender Zdenek Grygera. The Amsterdam club is in advanced negotiations with the youngster on a new contract that would see the Czech talent move to Amsterdam for two years.

Coach Ronald Koeman is very happy that the negotiations are going strong: "It's a good thing that we may sign another great defender. Cristian Chivu left us and Julien Escude is a great replacement but we could always use another player to strengthen the squad in that department and Grygera is a very talented youngster!"

Experts say Ajax are desperate to sign Grygera because defender Hatem Trabelsi is about to leave the Dutch capital for a bigger club. Grygera plays both in the centre and on the right flank and would therefor be a great replacement.

Ajax will have to battle Italian champions and Champions League finalists Juventus for the services of the Czech youngster though, but the latter himself said that it might be best if he first moved to the European subtop and gain some experience before moving to a real giant.

Taken from www.vi.nl
Translated by Erik

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by El Idiota ] ++
Julien Escude to Ajax Amsterdam.

i leave erik to do the presentation stuff that he likes to do..
Gee, thanks. Are you sure it's not because you're lazy yourself? ;)

AJAX SIGN ESCUDÉ

Holland's most famous club has signed a defender to replace Cristian Chivu and he is Julien Escudé from Stade Rennes. Here follows a profile:

Name: Julien Escudé
Position: central defender
Date of birth: 17 August 1979
Place of birth: Chartres, France
Nationality: French, European Union citizen
Height: 184 cm (6')
Weight: 76 kg (168 lbs)
Contract: duration of 4 years. Full ownership of Ajax Amsterdam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)