Official Transfers & Numbers (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC (AJAX AMSTERDAM)

Juve move delights Ibrahimovic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he had no hesitation in accepting a transfer from Ajax to Italian giants Juventus.

The Swedish striker completed a surprise move on Tuesday after a fee of around £11m was agreed.

"Juventus were the best choice that I could make," he stated. "In Turin I will find teammates who are among the very best players in the Italian championship.

"A squad of this quality can only help to improve my qualities which will make me an even better player."

The 23-year-old also shot down theories that he may struggle to co-exist with David Trezeguet in attack.

"We are not similar players," noted the new boy. "He is one of the best strikers in the world while I can do other things. It will be a pleasure to feature alongside him."

Juventus boss Fabio Capello seems to have played a major part in the move as he had already requested the player while at Roma in the past.

"He is the best Coach around," explained Ibrahimovic. "He’s always rated me and I’m happy that he wanted me at his disposal."

However, Juventus have had to make sacrifices in order to net the youngster as Fabrizio Miccoli was sold to Fiorentina.

"He’s not failed here," stated director general Luciano Moggi. "We believe in the player and that is why we decided to keep a share in him.

"Unfortunately we looked at our finances and sacrifices needed to be made. That is why the deal took place."

Reports suggest that Miccoli is not happy with the move as he wanted to do battle with Alex Del Piero for a first team shirt.

The Italian international, who cost the Viola almost £5m, still has a contract with the Turin giants until 2008.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I'm happy now, we have a strong squad......I expect to see Enzo, Micco and Chiellini back here in a couple of years too....

Il Messiah

Aug 21, 2004
surprise surprise !!!!
moggi is real prodigy!!!!!

i am happy he was juventino

if he was at realmadrid

that is terrible!!!

moggi will forever with juve

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Whoa looking at who came in and who out, and taking into consideration that some are half owned by juve still, that's very good from Moggi!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++
Zlatan, Juventus paid 6M€ to Livorno for Chiellini.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=6387&progr=4

XZIZ
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++
Also, according to http://www.footballsquads.co.uk/transfers/2004/italysummer.htm

Juventus paid to Livorno 5MPOUND for Chiellini

XZIZ
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
We bought Chiellini for 6.5m €

We sold Zenoni for 1m €

Like I said, this thread is only about the official numbers released by Juventus.com, not speculation from other sources.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
the only problem is that if you consider Chiellini as a free transfere, because there is no official information about the money has been paid for him by Juve, than its not correct to count the money given by Fiorentina for half of his ownership.

Chiellini- about 6.5 mil euro out

about 3.5 million in.

34.5 out
23.5 in

not official, but at least a bit more correct.

its 11.5 million euro spent (without the possible income: 1 million euro for Zenoni)

still not bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)