*OFFICIAL* The President Barack Obama Thead (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßüякε;1801447 said:
Patriotism spills the same blood in the same mud as "terrorists," I think you know that.

It just depends on what side you are on.
So what if Obama chose, I don't know, the son of a Hamas suicide bomber as his assistant? I don't think you'd agree with that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
there's a lot more to come, Andy...the hope and time for change shit will be forgotten soon enough
I don't think so. IMO we have to be fair to Obama, you can't expect him to change everything in a couple of weeks time. He's not even president yet FFS! I believe a lot will change and Obama will go down in history as one of the great presidents of the USA, just wait and see.

ßüякε;1801447 said:
Patriotism spills the same blood in the same mud as "terrorists," I think you know that.

It just depends on what side you are on.
True. There's something I have always found strange about the patriotism in the USA. It seems a bit.. dated. It's the kind of thing we might have had in Belgium 100 years ago. It seems quite strong, you know.

Apr 12, 2004
Well what you have to understand is that the US is the new kid on the block. We, except for technology, and a lot of other things, are essentially just in our Middle Ages. We are only 232 years old, which in the world, makes us the toddler. When you think about countries like Belgium, France and England, hell they are what? 800 years old? Older?

I think we are still in a period of growing pains as a nation, and will be for some time.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Obama chose Rahm Emanuel as the White House Chief of Staff. I am thoroughly not liking this decision. Emanuel was once on the board of directors of the beleaguered Freddie Mac Corporation and his father was a member of the Israeli terrorist group the Irgun. We're talking about a terrorist group on the officially proscribed Terrorist Organization List of the US State Department.

Funny how this doesn't garner any media attention whatsoever. But I suppose it's quite alright that Emanuel's father was a terrorist as long as he was a Jewish terrorist. :gsol: Hypocritical Amerika.

Of course, Obama chose Emanuel to lessen fears that he would "destroy" Israel, but I'm very disappointed with this appointment.
Other than the Israel "connection" he is actually a good choice for Chief of Staff. When consider the duties and requirements of the position.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
If the US could be more 'fair' in their foreign policy (especially) considering Israel-US, terrorism and many other issues, they'll get at least a lot of respect from other countries.

IMO, United States under Bush government has been failed to do this.
I don't know why, but in many points I have more liking Clinton than him.

I, as many other people in world, put so many hopes for Obama.
That we really want to see US as a big country in a good image, we want to see more peaceful in the world, and many hopes considering world's economy and social conditions. So many hopes.
Because US is US, they can make choices and decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)