*OFFICIAL* The President Barack Obama Thead (4 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cold war gold mine this is, you guys should read this. Who could have guessed realities of history would be the funnier then any fiction I ever encountered (the power plays in the Cold War was gooooooood shit), not even Monthy Python could make this:

http://www.killinghope.org/bblum6/angola.htm

I can quote some of the good parts, though its confusing to read on its own, and not the whole thing, but here is some immensely hilarious "dialogue":

That the CIA's choosing of its ally was largely an arbitrary process is further underlined by a State Department cable to its African Embassies in 1963 which stated: "U.S. policy is not, repeat not, to discourage [an] MPLA ... move toward West and not to choose between these two movements."{6}
Even in 1975, when the head of the CIA, William Colby, was asked by a congressional committee what the differences were between the three contesting factions, he responded:

They are all independents. They are all for black Africa. They are all for some fuzzy kind of social system, you know, without really much articulation, but some sort of let's not be exploited by the capitalist nations.

And when asked why the Chinese were backing the FNLA or UNITA, he stated: "Because the Soviets are backing the MPLA is the simplest answer."
"It sounds," said Congressman Aspin, "like that is why we are doing it."
"It is," replied Colby.{7}
Nonetheless, the committee, in its later report, asserted that in view of Colby's statement, "The U.S.'s expressed opposition to the MPLA is puzzling".{8}
Finally, it is instructive to note that all three groups were denounced by the Portuguese as communists and terrorists.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well, Berlusca is the Bush of Italy. Just as much a clown, but with a brain.
Some Italian friend told me all Italians knew Berlusca was a criminal, "but you know, he's a nice guy..". One of the most dangerous politicians in the world if you ask me.

Palin's greatest hits.
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E

- Do you agree with the Bush doctrine?
*no answer*

:howler:

Just unbelievable how you can pick someone like this for your VP.
She has got a poor bachelor's degree, no intelligence whatsoever and constantly annoys people just with the sound of her voice. Unbelievable that she was in for the second most important job in the USA.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ален;1796142 said:
Well, since now you all know that Vinman is banned, i think it's fair not to mention him and make jokes about what he said sometime (this goes especially for Lampard and virtual). He can't reply to you and it's not fair to kick him when he can't defend himself.
Why is he banned if i may ask??

Shame really, he was a real good poster.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1796142 said:
Well, since now you all know that Vinman is banned, i think it's fair not to mention him and make jokes about what he said sometime (this goes especially for Lampard and virtual). He can't reply to you and it's not fair to kick him when he can't defend himself.
Especially boneheads such as Lampard and Virtual. One is a goddamn gloryhunting maggot and the other is just a retard.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Obama chose Rahm Emanuel as the White House Chief of Staff. I am thoroughly not liking this decision. Emanuel was once on the board of directors of the beleaguered Freddie Mac Corporation and his father was a member of the Israeli terrorist group the Irgun. We're talking about a terrorist group on the officially proscribed Terrorist Organization List of the US State Department.

Funny how this doesn't garner any media attention whatsoever. But I suppose it's quite alright that Emanuel's father was a terrorist as long as he was a Jewish terrorist. :gsol: Hypocritical Amerika.

Of course, Obama chose Emanuel to lessen fears that he would "destroy" Israel, but I'm very disappointed with this appointment.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So what? I don't want the IDF in the White House. We have enough IDF in Washington with that douchebag Chertoff.

And again, it's utter hypocrisy. Anybody who has ties to the Arab world is a terrorist in our book, but a Jewish terrorist is a friend to us. It's unacceptable to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)