Official: FIFA loves Real Madrid players (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Disgraced France star Zinedine Zidane has scooped the Fifa Golden Ball award at the World Cup finals.

Zidane's World Cup and career ended on an extremely sour note as he was sent off for a headbutt on Marco Materazzi during France's World Cup final defeat.

He was not allowed to pick up his loser's medal, instead being left to contemplate his actions in Berlin on Sunday from the solitary confinement of the dressing room.

The disgraceful act threatened to cast a shadow over his illustrious career but, somewhat fittingly some may argue, he has risen from the flames to claim the top individual prize at the World Cup finals.

He polled 2012 points in the vote by journalists covering the tournament, beating Italians Fabio Cannavaro (1977 points) and Andrea Pirlo (715 points) in the ballot.

The vote was open once the shortlist was announced after the quarter finals and his displays prior to the final are likely to have swayed the journalists to come down in favour of the former Real Madrid man.

Germany goalkeeper Oliver Kahn won the Golden Ball in 2002. Other previous winners were Brazilians Ronaldo (1998) and Romario (1994), Italy's Salvatore Schillaci (1990) and Argentine legend Diego Maradona (1986).

Germany striker Miroslav Klose was the Golden Shoe winner for the tournament's leading scorer, while Italy's Gianluigi Buffon scooped the Lev Yashin award for the competition's top keeper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloody outrage :disagree::tdown:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Fifa are a bunch of assclowns! Cannavaro was the BEST player in the WC by far & not to mention Zizou's outrageous sending off!

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
the voting was made BEFORE the final....what the hell were they supposed to guess that this incident would have happened?by the way i prefer Zidane's idiotic but HUMAN reaction than ronaldihno's smile...Zidane is a true legend in my heart after yesterday....

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
mcrae said:
the voting was made BEFORE the final....what the hell were they supposed to guess that this incident would have happened?by the way i prefer Zidane's idiotic but HUMAN reaction than ronaldihno's smile...Zidane is a true legend in my heart after yesterday....
Some more retarded logic by Fifa,making the final decision before the MOST important game of the tournament.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
the truth is that this golden ball business is stupid. it was created only in 1982, and nobody cares about it. schillaci won it in 1990 - why ? why not klose this time ? what's the difference ? unknown. ronaldo won in 1998 yet he himself said he had a disappointing tournament BEFORE the final and then came the final and it was a nightmare tournament for him... and then in 2002 when even though i dislike him he scored 8 goals and did deserve it probably, they gave it to kahn who cost germany the final.... dunno it's all bull. Buffon got the keeper award.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
I really think this was a no brainer clear award for Pirlo.

Cannavaro was absolute class but it's obvious that defenders are underrated.

Pirlo however was NOT - he was chosen 3 times for MoM by FIFA including the semi and the final. What more do you need ? He's obviously the best in the tournament according to FIFA !! I just find it weird.

Jul 6, 2006
As I said in other thread FIFA is pathetic. Zidane was great in only a couple of matches (Brazil and Spain). The headbutt yesterday should've been enough, despite of the voting results, to disqualify him of the award... specially when FIFA supports (supposedly) Fair Play so much.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i think zidane rightfully deserved the award his displays against spain,portugal and brazil were enough to take france to the finals,it wasnt the best way to end his career but i dont blame him.cannavaro was class and so were buffon and pirlo.but IMO Zidane was in a different planet this tournament

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Idiots. Zidane had one really good game in this tournament; against Brazil. Cannavaro was excellent from the first match against Ghana through to the final where his team beat a disgraced Zizou. Pathetic on FIFA's part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)