Official: Del Neri to Porto (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
replacing mourinho will be a tough task, that will tell us if mourinho is as skilled as he is percieved.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
replacing mourinho will be a tough task, that will tell us if mourinho is as skilled as he is percieved.
Exactly, Porto's performance will be an accurate indicator of Mourinho's skills.

Good for Del Neri. It's been a hell of a manager reshuffle so far.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Champions League winners Porto have appointed Chievo coach Luigi Del Neri as the replacement for Jose Mourinho.
The 53-year-old Del Neri has signed a three-year deal after a four-year stint with the Serie A team.

"It is better going to where you can win rather than to a place where you lose," Del Neri told Italian radio.

"I didn't go to a big Italian club because things didn't happen at the right time. I had offers here but I couldn't let this opportunity pass."

Del Neri takes the job following Mourinho's move to Premiership side Chelsea.

He led Chievo to promotion to the top-flight of Italian football for the first time in their history in 2000 and in their opening season in Serie A, they qualified for the Uefa Cup.

In the last two seasons the team have managed to finish in a respectable mid-table spot.

Chievo's assistant manager Francesco Conti and fitness coach Ugo Mranza will be joining Del Neri in Portugal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)