Official Cricket thread (5 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
There are so many sports I will never understand. I can understand the playing aspect. I can understand the joy of playing cricket, baseball, golf, marathon, and so on. But I will never understand the please of watching all of these sports.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a really good team England have, although limited overs cricket can be a bit random so you never can be sure of winning.

I suppose cricket here is a bit like baseball in the US, if you grow up watching it then it's fun but if not it's not an easy watch. That's why limited overs was introduced. Must admit, I don't watch hardly any full Tests, they go on too long.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
There are so many sports I will never understand. I can understand the playing aspect. I can understand the joy of playing cricket, baseball, golf, marathon, and so on. But I will never understand the please of watching all of these sports.
As a child I’d watch every sport. Now I mainly watch only football and cricket. Football because it still invokes a childish joy and cricket because I’ve grown to realise how challenging the game is to play at a professional level. Every match has so many different variables that a sport like football doesn’t. The country where the game is played makes a difference, the size of the ground varies drastically from one city to the other, the way the pitch behaves from one day to the other is different, if it’s cloudy the ball behaves differently etc. To be able to take all those factors in and then condense it to a bat meets ball output is incredible.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
England managed to sweep Pakistan, first time Pakistan have ever lost a series 3-0 at home. Also seem to have unearthed a future star in Rehan Ahmed.
This English test side is something else. The approach to the game McCullum and Stokes are pulling off is incredible.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Was a good Ashes series. Aussies got extremely lucky with the weather in the previous test or they were getting battered in that one, otherwise I think England would have nicked the series. But that works both ways over the years especially with the UK- based series.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Taking a keen interest in cricket the last few years in particular the T20 world cup and the current 50 overs world cup, England have been so disappointing, at times embarrassing especially the defeat to sri lanka today, hard to see who could stop India to winning this world cup, of course anything can happen but they've been the best team to watch so far.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
England have been a shit show in this tournament, think they have taken their eye off the ball on this one. Will be interesting to see the inquiry after this one.

Afghanistan have done really well also.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Indian cricket = English football

Cringe fans, overhyped/overpaid players, horrendous media/deluded pundits and most importantly bottling it when it matters the most. We borrowed all of this from England.

Congratulations to Australia for winning their 6th World cup title. Winning DNA.

Pat Cummins is probably my fav Australian captain. World Test Championship, retaining Ashes and now winning the ODI World cup in style in front of 120000 screaming Indian fans. Stuff of greatness.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008

Cringe fans, overhyped/overpaid players, horrendous media/deluded pundits and most importantly bottling it when it matters the most. We borrowed all of this from England.

Congratulations to Australia for winning their 6th World cup title. Winning DNA.

Pat Cummins is probably my fav Australian captain. World Test Championship, retaining Ashes and now winning the ODI World cup in style in front of 120000 screaming Indian fans. Stuff of greatness.
South Africa gave a better fight in the semis than India did. Bavuma kept attacking with every resource he had while Rohit (and the brain trust) kinda gave up after a while hoping for things to go their way. Some really questionable decisions in both innings.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
I know it’s been a while, but man that Maxi innings vs an Afghanistan was really something else. Says everything you need to know about the Aussie mentality.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
South Africa gave a better fight in the semis than India did. Bavuma kept attacking with every resource he had while Rohit (and the brain trust) kinda gave up after a while hoping for things to go their way. Some really questionable decisions in both innings.
Too much emphasis on personal milestones with Indian players. This is why they don't win many trophies.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it’s been a while, but man that Maxi innings vs an Afghanistan was really something else. Says everything you need to know about the Aussie mentality.
South Africa in Rugby, Australia in cricket, Real Madrid in football. They just know how to get things done in big finals.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

The Real Madrid of international cricket teams

Ultimate winners mentality and knowing how to keep cool heads under pressure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)