Official Cricket thread (3 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Didn't really expect it from an Aussie team but I think SA got them riled over the series.

Did expect them to be stupid enough to so openly admit it, however :lol:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The country is in absolute meltdown over this, it’s fucking hilarious :lol:

The Aussie Cricket team have always been a pack of arrogant, macho, shit-talking, holier than this douchebags. You can add cheaters to the list now too.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp....cricket-sponsors-hit-out-20180326-p4z6a8.html
@Bianconero_Aus @Salvo @Nenz

Out of the blue ffs

Always knew Smith was a cheating scum :numnum:
Didn't really expect it from an Aussie team but I think SA got them riled over the series.

Did expect them to be stupid enough to so openly admit it, however
The country is in absolute meltdown over this, it’s fucking hilarious

The Aussie Cricket team have always been a pack of arrogant, macho, shit-talking, holier than this douchebags. You can add cheaters to the list now too.
I've always enjoyed watching them lose
This is hilarious because Australians are so wanky with how they "never bend the rules, hard but fair, the Aussie way" bla bla bla
Hilarious

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Definitely a bunch of wankers but traditionally a very good team, at least in modern times with the exception of a few years in-between, so as an English observer I could excuse them being arrogant tossers. If you're good you can get away with it to an extent.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Definitely a bunch of wankers but traditionally a very good team, at least in modern times with the exception of a few years in-between, so as an English observer I could excuse them being arrogant tossers. If you're good you can get away with it to an extent.
The Aussies are good at sledging but whinge like little girls when they have a taste of their own medicine.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp....cricket-sponsors-hit-out-20180326-p4z6a8.html
@Bianconero_Aus @Salvo @Nenz

Out of the blue ffs

Always knew Smith was a cheating s$#@! :numnum:
It's not surprising. Warner is a massive dog of a bloke. The guy has rocks in his head. Smith is weak for getting swept up in it and can be put down to a failure in leadership.

But the reaction here and overseas has been disproportionate to say the least. Du Plessis got caught tampering twice recently. The difference is that Australia made a lot of enemies around the world the past few years. Besides, in Australia we really like to pile shame on any sportsperson who doesn't project a sportsmanlike image to the world. The Aussie cricket team is the nation and something like this really sticks in our gullets. It's a huge scandal here. South Africa, being a country associated with corruption, don't seem to care much at all that about Faf Du Plessis's cheating. Neither does the world apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever since Michael Clarke captained, the team has been burning through all the good esteem earned by Waugh and Ponting's sides. It's only recently started to run out. I mean those sides still had a reputation for running their mouths but they knew whereabouts the line was, they could cop it and they backed it up by being the best in the world.

@Salvo and @Bianconero_Aus you're just badmouthing Aussie cricket because you're shkippy hating wogs farken.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's not surprising. Warner is a massive dog of a bloke. The guy has rocks in his head. Smith is weak for getting swept up in it and can be put down to a failure in leadership.

But the reaction here and overseas has been disproportionate to say the least. Du Plessis got caught tampering twice recently. The difference is that Australia made a lot of enemies around the world the past few years. Besides, in Australia we really like to pile shame on any sportsperson who doesn't project a sportsmanlike image to the world. The Aussie cricket team is the nation and something like this really sticks in our gullets. It's a huge scandal here. South Africa, being a country associated with corruption, don't seem to care much at all that about Faf Du Plessis's cheating. Neither does the world apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever since Michael Clarke captained, the team has been burning through all the good esteem earned by Waugh and Ponting's sides. It's only recently started to run out. I mean those sides still had a reputation for running their mouths but they knew whereabouts the line was, they could cop it and they backed it up by being the best in the world.

@Salvo and @Bianconero_Aus you're just badmouthing Aussie cricket because you're shkippy hating wogs farken.
Go play your wog ball you diving pussy cunts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Everyone else will be desperate for England not to win this, lol.

Would be a massive choke job if they don't. Absolutely battered NZ in the group game but one day can be a bit fickle.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Potentially Ashes and World Cup in one summer...

What a massive achievement that would be. No doubt this is easily the best and most stacked England team ever. Amazing how much of value Roy adds to this side. He should be playing the Ashes too ideally.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Damn, what an intense World Cup final. Unbelievably close, for the match and super over to both be tied.

Arise Sir Ben Stokes. England had most of the luck in the game as well, I've never seen anything like his accidental 6 before and surely won't again. For a WC final to have that intensity and drama surely makes it one of the best cricket matches ever.

I'd feel a lot better beating pretty much any team other than the Kiwis, seem like a good bunch of blokes and they were such a tough nut to crack.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Damn, what an intense World Cup final. Unbelievably close, for the match and super over to both be tied.

Arise Sir Ben Stokes. England had most of the luck in the game as well, I've never seen anything like his accidental 6 before and surely won't again. For a WC final to have that intensity and drama surely makes it one of the best cricket matches ever.

I'd feel a lot better beating pretty much any team other than the Kiwis, seem like a good bunch of blokes and they were such a tough nut to crack.
That was such an intense finish. Not just the Super Over and the accidental six, but when Boult stepped onto the boundary to give up an earlier six rather than taking a wicket.

In hindsight if NZ had fielded more conservatively at the end - patted down that boundary instead of going for the catch, and not trying for the run out but just getting the ball back to the crease - they'd have won. Such fine margins and some fine Cricket from both teams.

Eng.jpg

Most intense game I've ever seen.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
England fans singing "He's got sandpaper in his hands" (to the tune of 'He's Got The Whole World In His Hands') every time Steve Smith comes up to bowl :lol3:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah he's been unbelievable. Just shows what a bit of focus can do.

England are really light on the bowling front, but the batting has been nothing special in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)