Official Cricket thread (3 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Dear god we're playing badly. Clarke is having a great innings though we'll see how he faces up against the new ball.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
funny how things turn around so much...it was some horrendous batting by the Aussies in the 1st innings though, really threw their wickets away

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
funny how things turn around so much...it was some horrendous batting by the Aussies in the 1st innings though, really threw their wickets away
So painful to watch, really. Not that England aren't bowling well. Clarke and Ponting are the only two batsman I think know how to stick around. The rest just slog it round.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
to be fair the bowlers were really poor as well...Mitchell Johnson looked like a train wreck, and the Aussie batting 1st up was pathetic

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He's only retiring from Tests.

He just wants to stick to One Dayers since he can make more money and put less strain on his body that way.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Retiring from Tests is what I meant too. The best part for him is that now he can collect his 1million pounds in full playing for the Chennai Superkings..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's starting to get quite irksome seeing some of the best players in the world turning their back on the most important form of the game.

Flintoff is doing it, Chris Gayle has been making noises about being fed up of Test cricket, too.

Disappointing.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yup, my prediction that England will win the series is on course to be correct.

Good fight by the Aussies, but the damage was already done.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's starting to get quite irksome seeing some of the best players in the world turning their back on the most important form of the game.

Flintoff is doing it, Chris Gayle has been making noises about being fed up of Test cricket, too.

Disappointing.
True. I'm not a big fan of cricket but I understand what Test cricket is all about. Sure it takes 5 days, but its the most enjoyable form of cricket for me (not all matches though)... I enjoy a fight for a draw more than a last ball victory in an ODI...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Problem is that folk will continue moving away from Tests because there is more money to be had elsewhere and that trend is only likely to continue as TV continues to invest more in the shorter forms of the game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That's slightly different, because Vaas is quite old.

Flintoff and Gayle are still at an age they should be int their prime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)