Official Cannavaro's gone Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
mark77 said:
canna's official site:

I'll resume since I don't want to waste my time with this f*c*er.

"Thanks Juve, I would of stayed if you didn't go down."

Isn't that something we already knew? He's just saying the obvious. Don't see why we should be getting pissed at him Mark. If anything, we'd expect more from Zambrotta than Cannavaro. And when Zambro was equally hasty about moving, then how can we stand up and take note of Cannavaro saying what's only too true. Also, if anything, I think Juve must share as much blame as we're laying on the players who're leaving. How do you think it makes Canna feel to have spent two years of his career giving it all on the pitch, only to find out, none of that counted. At 33, if he wants to win titles, I dont think we can blame him. After all, that's what brought him to Juve in the first place.

Sep 14, 2003
No, I agree with Mark. 'I would of stayed if you didn't go down'...that is a kick in the testicles.

As much as I love him for captaining the Azzurri to WC, that was a low blow.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
But what about that didnt you already know? We all know he would've stayed if the titles counted and Juve was in A. Why change an opinion now that he's just stated something we knew? He owed an explanation to the fans, and he gave an honest one.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
baggio said:
Isn't that something we already knew? He's just saying the obvious. Don't see why we should be getting pissed at him Mark. If anything, we'd expect more from Zambrotta than Cannavaro. And when Zambro was equally hasty about moving, then how can we stand up and take note of Cannavaro saying what's only too true. Also, if anything, I think Juve must share as much blame as we're laying on the players who're leaving. How do you think it makes Canna feel to have spent two years of his career giving it all on the pitch, only to find out, none of that counted. At 33, if he wants to win titles, I dont think we can blame him. After all, that's what brought him to Juve in the first place.
I totally agree with you there. I was surprised of some of the reactions.

Of course he would have stayed if not for the scandal. That's just the obvious truth. Plus, he also found some nice words for Juve and the fans and said that he had 2 fantastic years in Torino and that he knows that Juve has given him a lot...

I don't know what people wanted to hear...:"Fu** off, Juve, I'm gone!" or what??

I'm as disappointed as anyone about his decision because I just love this player but you have to consider every case seperately. And he's one of the players that I can totally understand because he has the last two good years ahead of him and his palmares on the club-level is really lousy, not worth of a world champion.

I don't want Real to play well because I can't stand that club, but for Canna, I personally wish him all the best because he has played his heart out for Juve in the last two years, you shouldn't forget that!! Another title with Italy would be fine...:D

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Although I will always admire Cannavaro's abilities and would love for him all the success, he forgot that next time we meet, Juve V Real, he will feel what Real players usually feel :D

I say bring back Alessio :D

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Seriously speaking now...

After Cannavaro and Zambrotta left, I really do not care who leaves and who stays.
We will find other heros to cover for those who left us. As much as I wanted Zambrotta to continue with us and become a Juve legend as much as I know that we will see other players fill in their shoes.
Who knew Zambrotta before he came to juve? Who knew Zidane before he came to Juve? Who knew Del Piero before he came to Juve? Who knew Pippo before he came to Juve? Who knew Vialli? ..etc
List is long. Very long. And it will not stop at Zambrotta or the players afterwards.

Players get famous by wearing our jersey not the other way around. We made from the above legends. And we can make from others legends.

Juve is the factory!! As long as its alive it will continue producing...

We might play in the Serie B, so what? If the sentence got softened less than 30 points I am positive, inshalah, that we will make it in one season to Serie A.
We can also bid for europe if we win the coppa.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
baggio said:
I'm pissed because he said during the WC that he would stay even in Serie B and poof....he's gone.

Jul 16, 2006
Cant be pissed at him mate, he's a legend, he's 33 and can play in Spain which he has never done before, with one of the biggest teams in the world. We have Balzaretti, Chiellini and Kovac to take over in B. No way are they Cannavaro, but they can learn shit loads in B. Good luck Fabio, you Campione

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
mark77 said:
I'm pissed because he said during the WC that he would stay even in Serie B and poof....he's gone.
Are you doing Clint from Usual suspects as thats a very bad impression i gotta tell you. Its pfft he is gone. Poof, well, that stands for something else . About Cannavaro, you do realise that now , he does not have any championships to his name in club football. going to Real madrid might change that, then again it might not.
The 1 very surprising aspect of this whole thing is that i have not spotted a single post from Torino fans in this forum, seeing that we have both swapped divisions, i ma baffled that they are not sucking it to us more. Also what stadium are we actually gonna play in next season?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
Are you doing Clint from Usual suspects as thats a very bad impression i gotta tell you. Its pfft he is gone. Poof, well, that stands for something else . About Cannavaro, you do realise that now , he does not have any championships to his name in club football. going to Real madrid might change that, then again it might not.
The 1 very surprising aspect of this whole thing is that i have not spotted a single post from Torino fans in this forum, seeing that we have both swapped divisions, i ma baffled that they are not sucking it to us more. Also what stadium are we actually gonna play in next season?
plzz mate we dont need no torino fans in here, we the forum is already full of interistas, milanistas and romanistas causing havoc here n there. Thank god torino fans r occupied with something.Or mybe they just feel bad for us ? their arch rivals :D

anyway John Elkann said we r playing in the Communale next season, so thats very positive imo.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sateeh said:
plzz mate we dont need no torino fans in here, we the forum is already full of interistas, milanistas and romanistas causing havoc here n there. Thank god torino fans r occupied with something.Or mybe they just feel bad for us ? their arch rivals :D

anyway John Elkann said we r playing in the Communale next season, so thats very positive imo.
Don't worry if things go out of hand, the mods will do their job.

And really amazing how people change their minds about Cannavaro. To be honest I'm not even surprised if he so-calls "break his promise". You can't really trust a person in saying such a bold statement unless he does what he says. And now because of what he said, he gets torn into pieces by some people. After all, Cannavaro is just a footballer who yearns to live to the top of his name given a chance to do it.

If you really wanna see me slaming a player, too bad, that day will never occur

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
mark77 said:

I seriously think, his love for Juve isnt any less now that he's in Madrid. According to his statements from an interview, he said it was extremely hard to make a decision to leave Juventus. Especially after having gotten so much from the fans. It was much deliberated because those two years in Turin were extremely special to him, despite the scandal. But his logic which I find fair, was that at 33, he wasnt washed up and still had the chance to win titles, which let's face it not many people have at that age. So why should he eke out a living in Serie B when he's a world champion who can still hack it at the highest level? Zambrotta on the other hand, could've stayed helped us recover and still had 3 good years left in him at the highest level. He alongwith Canna, was my favourite Juve player, but it just feels empty inside, when he didnt blink an eyelid and decided to move without as little as a farewell note.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Hey this is my first post here so go easy on me. Great forum BTW.

I'm a Juve fan by way of my dh who is from Torino. But I am also a rabid Azzurri fan.

I've been through every emotion possible regarding Canna leaving Juve. I'm been making myself crazy over this as he is my absolute favorite player. I've done the disbelief, denial, anger, and sadness. I'm trying acceptance but it's not working. Rationally, I totally understand his reasons...like others have said...he's older and does not have much time left in his career to capture Championships. And he is a champion and deserves the opportunity. But REAL? I am now torn between wanting a favorite player to be happy and do well and the reality that I cannot possibly want REAL to do well. I just can't reconcile these emotions.

On one hand I feel betrayed by Canna and his leaving Italy and on the other hand I have to think that maybe HE feels betrayed by the Juve jerks (Moggi, Giraudo) who put his team is sooo much jeopardy and caused all of this to happen. I do believe that Canna left with a heavy heart I just wish he didn't do this so quickly but hey maybe his window of opportunity was small. What do I know. He has to think of his family and his own life and a player's career is short.

I do thank him for leading my Azzurri to the World Cup and I think he is a natural born leader that will be very much missed at Juve. At least I can still follow him on the NT. Ultimately, I believe he will end his playing days at Napoli...where he is the most loved.

Anyway, just my 2 cents (or euros :) )

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
AzzurriGirl said:
Hey this is my first post here so go easy on me. Great forum BTW.

I'm a Juve fan by way of my dh who is from Torino. But I am also a rabid Azzurri fan.

I've been through every emotion possible regarding Canna leaving Juve. I'm been making myself crazy over this as he is my absolute favorite player. I've done the disbelief, denial, anger, and sadness. I'm trying acceptance but it's not working. Rationally, I totally understand his reasons...like others have said...he's older and does not have much time left in his career to capture Championships. And he is a champion and deserves the opportunity. But REAL? I am now torn between wanting a favorite player to be happy and do well and the reality that I cannot possibly want REAL to do well. I just can't reconcile these emotions.

On one hand I feel betrayed by Canna and his leaving Italy and on the other hand I have to think that maybe HE feels betrayed by the Juve jerks (Moggi, Giraudo) who put his team is sooo much jeopardy and caused all of this to happen. I do believe that Canna left with a heavy heart I just wish he didn't do this so quickly but hey maybe his window of opportunity was small. What do I know. He has to think of his family and his own life and a player's career is short.

I do thank him for leading my Azzurri to the World Cup and I think he is a natural born leader that will be very much missed at Juve. At least I can still follow him on the NT. Ultimately, I believe he will end his playing days at Napoli...where he is the most loved.

Anyway, just my 2 cents (or euros :) )
Welcome to the forum :), thats a good two cents considering you obviously loved canna and feel like most of the fans on this forum. I think really its time to move on, try to remember this before canna there was the legendary ciro, and before him there was ermm someone else.. so Juve are born to have great defenders and will continue to have them. I myself dont get too attached to players as they come and go. I admire them love them e.t.c but know there comes a time where they may have to leave. Canna and Zambro were undoubltly my two favourite players. I dont hate them leaving, but I dont love them either, its more than a neutral feeling.. i suppose I just wish them the best and thats all ..

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Grazie for the nice welcome. Yes, Andy I am an American citizen but I do speak some Italian and read Italian even better so perhaps I can be of some help translating stuff for you all.

My in-laws live outside of Torino and have to be the only family in Italy that is NOT soccer crazy! I've spent a fair amount of time in Italy over the years and believe it or not have never gone to a game :cry: although most of it is because I'm there in the off season. I have to say though that my MIL has come through for me sending me all sorts of Italian magazines from the World Cup.

As for Juve and great defenders (and other players) I'm trying to get past losing half the team and trying to look ahead to discovering the next generation of superplayers. And let me say I have enormous respect for delPiero and Buffon for staying to see this through.

I wish I could be neutral but I'm the very emotional type (I'm from southern Italian roots ) and very passionate about my teams and favorite players and sometimes it's just hard to let go.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Thanks again for the welcome and

Forza Juve
Forza Azzurri
Forza Italia!!!!!!!!!!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
It's absolutely ridiculous to blame Canna for leaving, the guy is a professional, it's what he does for a living. I wouldn't even blame DP if he left, but how can you possibly stick it to someone who only played here for 2 years?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
It's absolutely ridiculous to blame Canna for leaving, the guy is a professional, it's what he does for a living. I wouldn't even blame DP if he left, but how can you possibly stick it to someone who only played here for 2 years?

He said he wanted to stay, even in serie B. Yeah, only fools don't change their minds but when he said that it's gave all Juventini hope and you know the rest.

btw, welcome AzzurriGirl and watch out for guys like Andy and cie here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)