Official Cannavaro's gone Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2006
Hi, I wasn't really sure where to post this but it's been itching at my curiousity for all of 48 hours now...

I was watching the final of the FWC with my older brother and near the end there were several shots of Pirlo and Cannavaro - i tried to add the screenshot as an attachment but not sure if it worked...?

Anyway they were near enough hugging during the shootout - and as i was thinking 'that team is obviously really close - what a nice gesture of support' etc etc, my brother jumps in with a comment about Pirlo and Cannavaro obviously being homosexual ....!?!?!

I showed the shot to some more people and most of them thought that all football players were...well - that way inclined...I was wondering if these sorts of displays of camaraderie are common in football - (Haven't been watching for too long) or if they're random and raise as many queries as to players' sexual orientations as they do here?

Where I live football is not very big or widely followed at all - our number one sport is rugby union and you just wouldn't see two players hugging on a rugby field unless someone had just scored a marvelous try - even then it would be brief and maybe only extend to a pat on the back.

Strange question i know - wasn't sure where to ask but i thought you might be able to help me muse over the differences in sports cultures across codes and countries...

Much appreciated

View attachment 29992

Sep 28, 2002
Anchorshank said:
Hi, I wasn't really sure where to post this but it's been itching at my curiousity for all of 48 hours now...

I was watching the final of the FWC with my older brother and near the end there were several shots of Pirlo and Cannavaro - i tried to add the screenshot as an attachment but not sure if it worked...?

Anyway they were near enough hugging during the shootout - and as i was thinking 'that team is obviously really close - what a nice gesture of support' etc etc, my brother jumps in with a comment about Pirlo and Cannavaro obviously being homosexual ....!?!?!

I showed the shot to some more people and most of them thought that all football players were...well - that way inclined...I was wondering if these sorts of displays of camaraderie are common in football - (Haven't been watching for too long) or if they're random and raise as many queries as to players' sexual orientations as they do here?

Where I live football is not very big or widely followed at all - our number one sport is rugby union and you just wouldn't see two players hugging on a rugby field unless someone had just scored a marvelous try - even then it would be brief and maybe only extend to a pat on the back.

Strange question i know - wasn't sure where to ask but i thought you might be able to help me muse over the differences in sports cultures across codes and countries...

Much appreciated

View attachment 29992

cannavaro has "andrea" tatooed on his arm :eyebrows:

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Anchorshank said:
He has Andrea tattoed on his arm? Really?

I was trying to read that but couldn't...

Uh...Why?
Well, you posted the answer above...:D :D

Seriously, his youngest son is called Andrea ;) And to hug each other like this in a WC final is totally normal and definitely not gay...:)

Jul 13, 2006
LOL - your first remarks had me shocked for a moment! - My brother's never right!...Never!

'totally normal and definitely not gay...' - That's what I thought but my brother (tough, avid-rugby-fan) insisted Pirlo was probably gay on the shy...idiot...

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Anchorshank said:
LOL - your first remarks had me shocked for a moment! - My brother's never right!...Never!

'totally normal and definitely not gay...' - That's what I thought but my brother (tough, avid-rugby-fan) insisted Pirlo was probably gay on the shy...idiot...
The only thing I know that Pirlo is a father, too...;) (doesn't always mean sth., I know :D)

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
Anchorshank said:

bloody rugby fans :D

they always come to such narrow conclusions..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
del pietro said:
bloody rugby fans :D

they always come to such narrow conclusions..
exactly and this is coming from fans of a sport who huddle together, grab each others shorts and "scrum" together, that is gayer than graeme le saux, justin fashanu, sol campbell and freddie ljungberg in a sauna with only one towel

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

anyone know what's the stauts on canna staying/leaving the club? did he make any comment about the issue lately? i see him as the crucial part of our promotion back to a.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Anchorshank said:

Much appreciated

View attachment 29992
Both are married by the way, and have their own wife and children and bisexualism is the trend nowadays.
Bah, the world is changing so much nowadays that gestures like these r hardly a surprise.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Spanish sources insist that Real Madrid have won the race to capture both Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta.

Cannavaro is reported to have shunned offers from Chelsea and Milan to move to El Santiaog Bernabeu, while Zambrottaalso rejected The Rossoneri in order to tie up a deal with Madrid.

Italian World Cup winning captain Cannavaro is currently on holiday, but that has not stopped discussions about his future - which is said to have included a meeting with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich aboard one of his yachts.

However, the telling factor for both Cannavaro and Zambrotta seems to be the chance to link-up again with coach Fabio Capelllo - now in charge at Real.

Chief executive Jean-Claude Blanc has confirmed that Juve will and are discussions over the futures of a number of their players, following their demotion to Serie B.

"The board will consider every offer," he told Sky Sports News.

"We will look at every offer, we will discuss with clubs, we have relationships with clubs as we are members of G14.

"We have direct discussions so it is really a matter of willingness on the players' side. Do they want to stay or not. And if they don't we will look at all the offers - the English ones, the Spanish ones, and the Italian ones are pretty interesting too.

"So we will try to do the best decision for the club and the players in the long-term."

"We have some clubs talking to us already, some of the biggest clubs in Europe. There are some English clubs.

"Obviously the level of these players is so high that the biggest clubs would like to have some of them and we have some offers on the table.

"Some are willing to act quickly, and we say why not if the price is right. Some are willing to wait, and if we have to wait to get the price we want we will wait."

On Cannavaro, Blanc stated that it is the player's choice on where his future lies.

"Obviously he is one of the players for whom clubs are very much willing to attract him, so like I said before, it is a question of what he wants to do," he said.

"Are the club interested in him, and does he want to go there? If that is the case then we will sit down and see what we'll do."

Cannavaro and Zambrotta are not the only targets for Real as midfielder Emerson could also on Capello's Turin shopping list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)