Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Mancini is apparently not convinced of taking the Azzurri job. He's waiting for a club offer. If Mancini rejects the offer, Allegri moves into pole position with Spaletti just behind. Guidolin is an option but unlikely because he quit Udinese because of the stress.

- - - Updated - - -

why is that bad? zacch sucks
I don't want him to become Italy's coach. :D

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
:lol: Thank god this $#@! is over. :) I must admit, I proudly cheer against Italy NT or everything related to the Figc after the $#@! happened in 2006, after finding out their unjust and biased behaviour towards us. Yesterday Abete resigned, that's wonderful news for all the Juventus people, at least because that clown left the top of italian football in such a ridiculous way, even if he had stayed there way too much. I just feel sorry for our guys in the NT. First of all for Marchisio, he did not deserve that red card at all, infact the italians are not blaming him at all (in a poll, he only received 0.5% percentage for being guilty). Then Pirlo, in his last World Cup showing he would have deserved something better, even if he has already won in Berlin in an amazing, amazing tournament for that Italy. But that's all. It's just a wonderful step, both for Juve and probably for Italian football, cause changes in Figc are gonna bring some new air to the $#@! in this football. Hopefully the new President of Figc won't be another politician footbally-clueless dinosaur that knows nothing about football and stays there just to be on charge, but someone actually close to italian football reality and that knows, or at least has some ideas to improve it, cause the league, not much by the quality of the players, but instead for how it is presented, from a marketing point of view, is really poor. Really. I'm talking about the league obviously, I never gave a $#@! about NT (excluded our players) and I go against them since knowing the truth in Calciopoli.
The new president of the FIGC needs to be Roberto Baggio! He will bring the change we need and the forward thinking to retake our position as an elite nation in the world of soccer, both on the National Team level and on the Club and League level.

- - - Updated - - -

FIGC is in talks with Prandelli to reverse his decision and stay until the Euros

honestly I don't mind him, its the top of the snake that needed to go! Now that Abete is gone, if a good forward thinker comes in I'll live with Prandelli.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
The new president of the FIGC needs to be Roberto Baggio! He will bring the change we need and the forward thinking to retake our position as an elite nation in the world of soccer, both on the National Team level and on the Club and League level.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly I don't mind him, its the top of the snake that needed to go! Now that Abete is gone, if a good forward thinker comes in I'll live with Prandelli.
Albertini is the hot name right now for pres

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't want Capello. His style is outdated.

I hear that the Serie B president, Andrea Abodi, might be elected as Serie A president.

- - - Updated - - -

Uruguay lawyer: "There's an international conspiracy against Suarez. He did not bite Chiellini. Chiellini gave him a bruised eye."

:lol:

Cannavaro: "I couldn't say no if Italy called me [to become coach]. It would be an honour. But even the president is changing and this is an important time for Italian football. We'll see."

Mar 3, 2014
I don't want Capello. His style is outdated.

I hear that the Serie B president, Andrea Abodi, might be elected as Serie A president.

- - - Updated - - -

Uruguay lawyer: "There's an international conspiracy against Suarez. He did not bite Chiellini. Chiellini gave him a bruised eye."

:lol:

Cannavaro: "I couldn't say no if Italy called me [to become coach]. It would be an honour. But even the president is changing and this is an important time for Italian football. We'll see."

Quite honestly, I'd double Suarez' ban for his embarrassingly stupid defense.
I'd also fine the Uruguay Federation for being embarrassingly stupid and actually defending a guy who for the 3rd time has bitten another player and claiming conspiracy.

The entire thing is mind boggling. Suarez a victim? I had no issues with Suarez and Italy deserved to be eliminated given their pedestrian play (you could argue only Costa Rica deserved to advance). There is no agenda vs. Suarez. The man is clearly a nutjob. You really can't get much more unsportsmanlike.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Quite honestly, I'd double Suarez' ban for his embarrassingly stupid defense.
I'd also fine the Uruguay Federation for being embarrassingly stupid and actually defending a guy who for the 3rd time has bitten another player and claiming conspiracy.

The entire thing is mind boggling. Suarez a victim? I had no issues with Suarez and Italy deserved to be eliminated given their pedestrian play (you could argue only Costa Rica deserved to advance). There is no agenda vs. Suarez. The man is clearly a nutjob. You really can't get much more unsportsmanlike.
Put it this way. Elbows could potentially kill somebody, bites cannot (unless they're from a copperhead snake, great white, et cetera). Biting someone is in all honestly no more reckless or harmful than intentionally elbowing someone in the eye, it's just more shocking. Moreover, going in studs up on someone to cause injury is far worse than a bite, IMO. It could be career ending.

Mar 9, 2006
Put it this way. Elbows could potentially kill somebody, bites cannot (unless they're from a copperhead snake, great white, et cetera). Biting someone is in all honestly no more reckless or harmful than intentionally elbowing someone in the eye, it's just more shocking. Moreover, going in studs up on someone to cause injury is far worse than a bite, IMO. It could be career ending.
1) no, never happened
2) bite can lead to septicemia

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juventino[RUS];4593999 said:
potentially i can die anytime soon
Yes, but the point is, a bite from a human is comparatively less harmful to a footballer than an elbow to a face, studs on a knee, heat stroke, et cetera. The only reason why people make a big deal out of it is because it's shocking and it's Suarez.

People bite each other during sex FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)