Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The problem with international football is that few want the job now, it's not the ultimate honour like it was, they don't want this part time role and loss of CL football.

Prandelli was about the best Italy could keep hold of for the Nazionale. Montella may possibly be tempted, but Fiorentina is a good job for him, and he is one step away from a big job. It's probably now or never for him, at least until older age.

Mancini's football is quite dire but also brings rigidity. Allegri would be a closer match to Prandelli, but he is uninspiring as a person.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Balotelli : http://instagram.com/p/pquOpHLj6X/

I am Mario Balotelli, I am 23 years old and I didn’t choose to be Italian. I strongly wanted it because I was born in Italy and I always lived in Italy. .

The World Cup was important to me and I am sad, angry, and disappointed with myself.. Yeah I could have scored against Costa Rica you are right but then ? Then what is the problem? Maybe this is what you all want to say ?

I won't let the fault be put only on me this time because Balotelli gave all for Italy and didn't make any mistake (on a temperamental side) so find another scapegoat because Balotelli is ok with his consciousness and he is ready to go ahead stronger than before.Proud to give all for Italy

Or maybe, as u say, I'm not italian. Africans would never let alone their 'bro'. NEVER. In this, we nigga, as u call us, are different .

SHAME is not who miss A goal or run slower or faster. SHAMEFUL ARE THESE THINGS. Real italians! Isn't it?

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Conte is the obvious choice for the NT. Ppl here won't like it but its reality. He's the best Italian coach out there, other than Ancelotti and I'm sure the FIGC will persue him.

- - - Updated - - -

Mario is right, he's not the only one who should be ashamed, they all should, the whole collective group of 23 + all the coaches + the management and federation from top to bottom. Just a horrific showing for the 2nd straight world cup, a total disaster and an embarrassment of epic proportions. I think Holland has more goals than we had shots on goal this WC! A real disaster!

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
If that's really him then he has the worst publicist.
If it's him, then what if it is really him, without any PR?

I dunno about the race card, was it something of a topic for this WC? I remember it was a bit topic when he just started, but now after few tournaments is it really still an issue? (I know there will always be minority of stupid people, but for general public)

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
If it's him, then what if it is really him, without any PR?

I dunno about the race card, was it something of a topic for this WC? I remember it was a bit topic when he just started, but now after few tournaments is it really still an issue? (I know there will always be minority of stupid people, but for general public)
the race card is always on topic in Italy, especially when it comes to Mario. That is the biggest problem here I feel, they make him feel different, maybe not the players at face value but the country in general. The kid is immature, he's whatever you want to say but having to deal with that scrutiny in 2014 is not fair to him. Another big FAIL for Italy.

Jul 1, 2010
So, let's look ahead at euro 2016. I think this should be the squad going forward, provided that El Shaarawy and Rossi stay healthy and that Berardi's progression goes well.

Sirigu
Darmian-Barzagli-Chiellini-De Sciglio
De Rossi-Verratti-Marchisio
Berardi-Rossi-El Shaarawy​

I think El Shaarawy will have a good season if he can stay fit, especially with Balotelli seemingly out of the picture. Italy really has to start producing high quality CBs once again. Hopefully Rugani and Romagnoli will become good defenders.

This doesn't look bad at all, it will be interesting to see who becomes coach.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,809
    Barzagli is gonna be 35, I don't know if he will be starting. But I'd play him ahead of Bonucci even he was 45.

I'm not a fan of El Shaarawy. Otherwise that team looks quite solid.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    He is obviously going to get more stick because he is black, but those fans who do that are morons and hypocrites with or without his errors.

The real issue revolves around him having to be subbed before he was sent off, his misses against Costa Rica, and this alleged divisive influence he and Cassano had around the rest of the squad.

Cassano's international career should now be over, but Italy don't have enough good options to cast aside Balotelli just yet. A sabbatical from the starting line up might be what he needs, but that all depends on the form and fitness of Rossi, Immobile, Insigne and those returning (SES, Destro).

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    That's a good formation with El Sha and Berradi flanking the CF. Our lack players who can take on opposition players via dribbles or one on one.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Mancini and Allegri are the main candidates for the job. After Prandelli, these are the best available Italian coaches.

CdS is saying this will spark a revolution in La Nazionale. Many players will not be returning to the international squad. They predict that Balotelli will now take a backseat and players like Mattia Destro, Giuseppe Rossi, El Shaarawy and Florenzi will start making apps for the NT come this September when Euro 2016 qualifiers begin, while players like Motta, Paletta, Aquilani and Abate staying home.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Barzagli will probably still be one of the best around at 35, but much depends on fitness. If he starts getting niggly injuries over and over you could see him retiring from international football, like Ferrara did.

Jul 1, 2010
    Mancini and Allegri are the main candidates for the job. After Prandelli, these are the best available Italian coaches.

CdS is saying this will spark a revolution in La Nazionale. Many players will not be returning to the international squad. They predict that Balotelli will now take a backseat and players like Mattia Destro, Giuseppe Rossi, El Shaarawy and Florenzi will start making apps for the NT come this September when Euro 2016 qualifiers begin, while players like Motta, Paletta, Aquilani and Abate staying home.
    :tup:

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    Don't we have any upcoming talents defensively, De Sciglio is really limited attacking threat on the left side.

In midfield, with Pirlo leaving, we could probably see De Rossi as an anchor with Veratti and hopefully Jorginho.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Some butthurt journalist is deleting my posts when I talk about the red card. He has the blantanty to say that he does not erase comments.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)