Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
Not excuses. It's being constructive. Germans should be mad Italy is gone however. They'll have to wait at least two more years to finally get their chance to beat Italy in a competitive match for the first time :p.

That being said:
Germany's efforts in revamping are impressive, and they should be looked at as an example for Italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 9, 2006
Not excuses. It's being constructive. Germans should be mad Italy is gone however. They'll have to wait at least two more years to finally get their chance to beat Italy in a competitive match for the first time :p.

That being said:
Germany's efforts in revamping are impressive, and they should be looked at as an example for Italy.
Meh, this new super duper puper generation won nothing and only failed in the big matches and i expect them to fail again in Brazil

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Let's look at Italy's players just 10-12 years ago compared to today in defense and attack:

In defense:

2002-04: Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Panucci, etc.

2014: Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci, Abate, De Sciglio, Darmian

In attack:

2002-04: Vieri, Totti, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Montella, Cassano, etc.

2014: Balotelli, Immobile, Insigne, Cassano, Cerci, Rossi (not called)

It is not even remotely close. Italy should do what Germany did after Euro 2000 when they completely revamped Germany's youth system and their approach to youth.
These are just excuses. The team is still good enough to progress out of group stage with their eyes closed.

The conservative Italian mentality lets them down time and again, just like it does for Juve in Europe.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
ßöмßäяðîëя;4591998 said:
Dude, your writing is horrible.
Dude I'm typing on an iPad that's a register,in between transactions. Not really worried about grammar and to punctuation. We can't all sit in our grandmas basements like you. Some of us work 55-60 hours a week

Mar 3, 2014
Juventino[RUS];4591997 said:
Meh, this new super duper puper generation won nothing and only failed in the big matches and i expect them to fail again in Brazil
Ultimately, even a Golden generation doesn't guarantee a World Cup. They have clearly done a good job of producing more talent, but winning the World Cup takes a mix of luck, talent, chemistry, and intangibles. The talent is clearly there, I don't see some of those German players as having that intangible element necessary (particularly Ozil). Also, the team is heavily weighted to attacking midfielders and beyond those players the rest of the depth isn't as impressive (not saying its bad, it just isn't to the level of Gotze, Muller, Reus, Draxler & Co.).

Mar 9, 2006
Ultimately, even a Golden generation doesn't guarantee a World Cup. They have clearly done a good job of producing more talent, but winning the World Cup takes a mix of luck, talent, chemistry, and intangibles. The talent is clearly there, I don't see some of those German players as having that intangible element necessary (particularly Ozil). Also, the team is heavily weighted to attacking midfielders and beyond those players the rest of the depth isn't as impressive (not saying its bad).
yep, they lack fullbacks and defending midfielders badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)