Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This has to be one of the worst Azzurri attacks I've seen in a long time. Toothless, unlike Suarez.
Indeed.

And looking it at the bright side, is better to go out like this and reshuffle everything... rather than getting hammered by holland, germany or brazil like spain did in the euros.

Its baffling that we fool ourselves believeing italy was going somewhere with this pathetic attack, which wasnt so bad on paper.. but in the execution was totally lacklustre. Against CR and against Uruguray italy looked really hopeless in attack

You have to hope some of the more modern young players continue to progress.

Hope players like Berardi, El Sha, Insigne, wide players with pace and skill can make something of themselves. Balotelli and Rossi are question marks for the future for their own reasons.

Italy needs to focus on producing wingers and box to box mids instead of registas, tall useless target men and defensive CMs. I feel they are lagging behind most nations athletically speaking. They lack pace and strength.

But at the same time they don't have a #10 either.
and this.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,435
    I still think Prandelli is a good coach. Although I do think Italy has underperformed as I expected them to go through much easier.

However with this team I don't think they will do much better with any coach.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
    I still think Prandelli is a good coach. Although I do think Italy has underperformed as I expected them to go through much easier.

However with this team I don't think they will do much better with any coach.
    the problem is Prandelli tried so hard to make Balotelli a CF and a star, which was ultimately his undoing. Balotelli is not a CF! This team has a solid midfield and emerging wing players, they need a top goal scorer.... where is Italy going to find him? they need to start reevaluating their youth system and give room to Italian players in serie a instead of going out buy foreign players. Its a huge revolution that I think a guy like Baggio as director could tackle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)