Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I laugh when people were saying things were going well before the red card. It wasn't.

We showed zero threat in front of goal. You need to be able to do that even if you are defending. Prandelli clearly went for the draw. I'm sorry but that kind of attitude will never make you a winner. Only a loser. And thats what he is - a clear loser. I hope they fire him and hire someone else. Problem is I can't think of anyone better that would be available. I would love to see Ancelotti as the national coach but thats not going to happen. Expect some guy like Spaletti to take charge, screw up at the Euros and then have Ancelotti take over for the world cup in Russia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
You have plenty of good italian coaches out there, one of them from the team which ironically we all root for.

Try to find one that doesn't love catenaccio for 2nd half and you might pull it off next time.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Prandelli is a fuckin puppet... Gazzetta Calls for 3-5-2 with immobile and balo and he does it....i hoped he would change this fucked up italian mentality and play an offensive game but oh well

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I laugh when people were saying things were going well before the red card. It wasn't.

We showed zero threat in front of goal. You need to be able to do that even if you are defending. Prandelli clearly went for the draw. I'm sorry but that kind of attitude will never make you a winner. Only a loser. And thats what he is - a clear loser. I hope they fire him and hire someone else. Problem is I can't think of anyone better that would be available. I would love to see Ancelotti as the national coach but thats not going to happen. Expect some guy like Spaletti to take charge, screw up at the Euros and then have Ancelotti take over for the world cup in Russia.
Its hilarious that a guy with your nickname, doesnt even know what it means.

And next the "if you defend you may not win".

GO be a joke somewere else

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Tell that to Zach.

IMO is ok to defend with purpouse, but thats wasnt the case for this Italy. They were barely hanging on, without creating anything good forward..even when having an offensive enought line up. The played bad IMO.
This is the same mentality i hate from Juventus and is the reason we never win shid in knock out games.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Tell that to Zach.

IMO is ok to defend with purpouse, but thats wasnt the case for this Italy. They were barely hanging on, without creating anything good forward..even when having an offensive enought line up. The played bad IMO.
This is the same mentality i hate from Juventus and is the reason we never win shid in knock out games.
I think Uruguay mustered one shot from a tight angle before the red. Italy was barely hanging on? :howler:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Prandelli is decent, the only two Italian coaches who could do better imo are Conte and Ancellotti.

We all know no foreigner is getting this job.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Keep the faith with Prandelli, he has taken the team far from the cliche about past Italian teams, he thinks modern.

He screwed up at the tournament, but the fact is he was let down by a dearth of good Italian players, in the '90s Italy were spoilt for choice, nowadays Prandelli has precious little to work with.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Prandelli is a $#@!in puppet... Gazzetta Calls for 3-5-2 with immobile and balo and he does it....i hoped he would change this $#@!ed up italian mentality and play an offensive game but oh well
Also, he said that he was not going to use those 2 tgether unless it was forced on him... but he fielded those 2 anyways well aware that it was a weird gamble that could back fire. He left out Rossi for insigne who was barely used and italy needed creativity upfront so much.

Weird calls

- - - Updated - - -

I think Uruguay mustered one shot from a tight angle before the red. Italy was barely hanging on? :howler:
They were not good, you know it. Uruguay looked to wanting it more the whole game, they attacked with a pupouse , unlike Italy and their hoff ball game which failed against CR and today it failed even worst.
Truth hurts

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Keep the faith with Prandelli, he has taken the team far from the cliche about past Italian teams, he thinks modern.

He screwed up at the tournament, but the fact is he was let down by a dearth of good Italian players, in the '90s Italy were spoilt for choice, nowadays Prandelli has precious little to work with.
The man left home Rossi.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Gigi had his double stop on the sharp angle, and the beauty on Suarez, but Uruguay hadn't done much. At one point fairly deep into the first half Italy was pushing something like 64% possession, think they finished around 60% in that half.

Tough loss, but lots of mistakes along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)