Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Costa Rica have speed and they will be more accustomed with the weather than Italy is. I hope we have De Sciglio back, because playing Paletta and Chielini on the left is a scary thing. Chiellini has to go back centre and let De Sciglio roam on the left. Veratti might be dropped for Motta instead..

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
De Sciglio will be back apparently. Buffon will probably miss out, but Sirigu is a very able replacement, so no worries there.

I just don't want Italy to do the typical Italy thing and play poor against a mediocre opponent. They have a history of doing that over the years. A comfortable victory over the Costa Ricans would be most pleasing, and will probably ensure us of top place in the group.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
De Sciglio will be back apparently. Buffon will probably miss out, but Sirigu is a very able replacement, so no worries there.

I just don't want Italy to do the typical Italy thing and play poor against a mediocre opponent. They have a history of doing that over the years. A comfortable victory over the Costa Ricans would be most pleasing, and will probably ensure us of top place in the group.
[Andy Mode]Australia won't be top in the group[/Andy Mode] :p

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
ITA's probable XI vs CRC via gds:

Sirigu / Abate-Barzagli-Chiellini-Darmian / De Rossi / Marchisio-Verratti-Pirlo-Candreva / Balotelli.

There's a 99% chance that Gigi Buffon will start the match from the first minute. - Sky

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Italy tend to struggle in the 2'nd group game (from a historical perspective). They usually take the lead, and end up settling for a draw. The only exception since the turn of the century has been their 2-1 loss to Croatia in the 2002 World Cup. As far as The Euros are concerned, they beat Belgium in Euro 2000 in the 2nd game; they also beat Japan in the 2nd group game of the Confederations Cup last year. Other than that, all of Italy's 2nd group games in the WC and Euros have ended in 1-1 draws.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
ITA's probable XI vs CRC via gds:

Sirigu / Abate-Barzagli-Chiellini-Darmian / De Rossi / Marchisio-Verratti-Pirlo-Candreva / Balotelli.

There's a 99% chance that Gigi Buffon will start the match from the first minute. - Sky
I love Candreva up the right side.... He would be perfect for Juve's 4/3/3 :scarf:

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Italy tend to struggle in the 2'nd group game (from a historical perspective). They usually take the lead, and end up settling for a draw. The only exception since the turn of the century has been their 2-1 loss to Croatia in the 2002 World Cup. As far as The Euros are concerned, they beat Belgium in Euro 2000 in the 2nd game; they also beat Japan in the 2nd group game of the Confederations Cup last year. Other than that, all of Italy's 2nd group games in the WC and Euros have ended in 1-1 draws.

yes 2002 vs Croatia... That's the game they took away 2 of our legit goals.

- - - Updated - - -

saw a post that Prandelli is working on a formation for Costa Rica of
................Immobile
.Insigne.....Cassano...Cerci

in attack.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
imo the fact that we will know the result of cunts vs urg match beforehand puts us in a great position.we will defo get motivated enough to defeat CRC knowing exactly what to do to achieve qualification.Also,we need to close down campbell quickly,but i suppose prandelli knows their SWOTs.
Pirlo to boss it again and italy to win 2-0.Pirlo and candreva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)