Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (81 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If they want to go anywhere in this tournament, Camoranesi is indeed pretty much their key man. He's the only one on the entire team who is truly capable of winning a game on his own.
He is.
Pirlo is probably the best player in this team, but with Pirlo it's always a question of form. He's either in good form or he isn't. You can't expect from Pirlo to shine on one match, win it for you, and then play bad. And Pirlo hasn't been in form for like 3 years so I won't expect much.
For Camoranesi it's about the mood. He's old now, he's slower, but you just know that if it clicks in his head, his quality, his stubbornness and lunacy can be the difference between eliminating a team or being eliminated. The bad thing is that you know even more than he can do the opposite and fuck your team up :D
It's a gamble and Lippi will gamble.

The others are just workers. For them it's about tactics, organization, discipline. None of them are capable of playing a match winning performance (I mean midfielders and attackers here). They are simply....boring.

I'm kinda biased because I always had a soft spot for ultra-talented players whose temperament made them go crazy and do a brain fart. Like Stoichkov or Cantona. Even the greatest of them all, Zidane and Maradona made so many stupid moves. But that's a characteristic of every genius, isn't it? I'll always take such a player ahead of a gentleman, always diplomatic with his statements and always a professional. Those are boring. Just as boring as some who are crazy in a whole different way, like Kaka for example :D

To get back to Camo, you and I both know though that he can win you a game on his own and he's the only one in this team who can do it, but he doesn't have the legs, nor the quality if you want, to take you to the final itself and win it for you. Italy don't have such a player in the 23 men squad right now.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Chi Non Salta Neozelandese E' E'!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Italy will qualify if they win against Slovakia regardless of the result of the Paraguay-NZ match. But with this form, I won't be surprised if Slovakia beat Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)