Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Hey look at me, I want to sound so cool that I want to hate the Italian NT. A team that has over 70% Juve player (at least in the starting 11). Don't get me wrong, I love Juve I love their players but I would rather see the 7 or 8 Juve players loose/break their legs/destroy themselves than to cheer for Italy.

They say it's the fashion to hate the Azzurri since few years now. In 2006 final, I got screwed, 7 Juventus players were on the pitch and I was still cheering for the French team and it's like I'm unlucky. But don't get wrong I love Juventus I just don't love the Juve players representing the NT. I only like Tiago, Salihamidzic, Manninger, Zebina.

I don't like those fanboys, why support Italy? Just because Juventus plays in Italy in Serie A? Or just because most of the NT players come from Juve? pffffffffffff. Other NT got no Juve players or got maximum one player and makes much more sense to cheer for them... but hey, don't get me wrong I love Juve.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hey look at me, I want to sound so cool that I want to hate the Italian NT. A team that has over 70% Juve player (at least in the starting 11). Don't get me wrong, I love Juve I love their players but I would rather see the 7 or 8 Juve players loose/break their legs/destroy themselves than to cheer for Italy.

They say it's the fashion to hate the Azzurri since few years now. In 2006 final, I got screwed, 7 Juventus players were on the pitch and I was still cheering for the French team and it's like I'm unlucky. But don't get wrong I love Juventus I just don't love the Juve players representing the NT.

I don't like those fanboys, why support Italy? Just because Juventus plays in Italy? Or just because most of the NT players come from Juve? pffffffffffff. Other NT got no Juve players or got maximum one player but hey, don't get me wrong I love Juve.
Why do you have to look at it this way?

It's simple, we hate on the non-Italians who support Italy as much as the non-Turks who support Turkey.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I know a lot of English people who hate the Italian team and their football for reasons that are nothing to do with 'fanboys', an awful lot of it is jealousy, even comes down to stupid things like style. Others are the complete opposite and love it. I don't suppose the negative perception is limited to just the English border, as the positive perception clearly isn't.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I can't help notice how there are less Azzurri fans here compared to the past. The Italians and those with Italian heritage still support their team and there are some like Seven, Hoori and some others who still support the Azzurri, but some look like they don't care anymore.
I wondered what's the cause and then I saw some posts where people say how they see nothing interesting in this Azzurri team anymore, how they won't even follow the WC now that Del Piero doesn't play.

It's shocking, sad and disgusting. These same people will do the same when Del Piero leaves Juve. They aren't Juve fans at all.
First, after Del Piero retires they will moan for half a year how this Juve is not the same without Del Piero, how there is nothing attractive in Juve anymore. The other half of the year they will spend hating on Del Piero's replacement. Then they will stop following Juve regularly, just to see them the second year in a Milan forum and to hear them in the third year how Juve are cheaters, just like Inter, while they passionately and emotionally celebrate Milan's win and Milan's captain lifting a trophy.

The best thing when Del Piero retires will be to see these fake fans leaving Juve.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I can't help notice how there are less Azzurri fans here compared to the past. The Italians and those with Italian heritage still support their team and there are some like Seven, Hoori and some others who still support the Azzurri, but some look like they don't care anymore.
I wondered what's the cause and then I saw some posts where people say how they see nothing interesting in this Azzurri team anymore, how they won't even follow the WC now that Del Piero doesn't play.

It's shocking, sad and disgusting. These same people will do the same when Del Piero leaves Juve. They aren't Juve fans at all.
First, after Del Piero retires they will moan for half a year how this Juve is not the same without Del Piero, how there is nothing attractive in Juve anymore. The other half of the year they will spend hating on Del Piero's replacement. Then they will stop following Juve regularly, just to see them the second year in a Milan forum and to hear them in the third year how Juve are cheaters, just like Inter, while they passionately and emotionally celebrate Milan's win and Milan's captain lifting a trophy.

The best thing when Del Piero retires will be to see these fake fans leaving Juve.
i did say there is for me something missing in this italy team without alex, the man is my hero has been since i was really little, that wont change.
but there is a difference between a del piero fan and a juventus fan, i am both when he leaves i will be just as passionate, just as i am with the italian national team. Things may look dull for italy right now but that wont change how i support them or how passionate i am just like serie b didnt change how my passion about juve, its through these struggles it grows stronger. at least for me.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

True, but that's people isn't it, rather than just football.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lets be honest here, in 2002, what really happened?

Moreno called a penalty against Panucci for tugging the shirt of a Korean striker. Correct decision? Yes, certainly. Panucci was all over him.

Next, Totti was given a yellow card for elbowing a Korean in the face in the midst of an aerial challenge. Judging by the replay, Totti did have his arms up high, and did elbow the player. I've seen those simply whistled dead before, but I have also seen those carded. Six of one, half dozen of another.

Then Vieri had a breakaway in the second half, skying the ball 10 meters wide of the goal.

Shortly after that, Seol sends the ball past Buffon due to a mistake by Panucci. He missed the ball and the clearance, allowing Seol to pounce. That's a good goal and another mistake by the Italians. No offsides, good goal.

Right after that, Vieri has an epic miss right at the six in front of goal, skying the ball over the bar. Yet another mistake BY Italy. "The miss of the World Cup", as Tyler says.

Then in extratime, Totti gets sent off for what Moreno thought was a dive. There was contact, maybe a little embellishment by Totti, but the defender DID get the ball, so it was not a penalty. So what is harsh here is that Totti was sent off, the first real poor call against Italy.

Next there was a through ball to Tommasi but he was adjudged to be offsides. Very close call, very difficult to make. It's difficult to judge from this angle that I went by on this video, and it's also hard to make out the lines on the pitch. I'll give Italy the benefit of the doubt and say it was slightly onsides.

Next, Gattuso had a breakaway and shot it right to the keeper.

Finally, a ball was sent into the box and Ahn headed past Buffon. Poor marking by Maldini and no offsides or problems with the goal.

So Italy can be angry about two calls made during this match. But for the most part, the game summary consisted of many blown chances by Italy. Vieri missed two sitters while Gattuso shot directly towards the keeper. The match also was a display of some poor defending from both sides, which would be alarming if I was a fan of Italy.

But this is what Azzurri fans consider some sort of massive conspiracy? All they have to go on was a red card and a close offsides call that pretty much every striker in the world has seen gone against them? Really? :lol:

Definitely, some people here are revisionists and sore losers. Just move on already. As I said in another thread, the big problem here is that Italy didn't deserve to go through. With all those missed chances, this assertion of mine is definitely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)