Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The Italians and the English put it in another dimension. That's probably a reason why people like to rub it in to them.
I mean, the motherfucker fired the Korean player because he scored against Italy. How can you not make fun of that?
Let's not talk about calls that are debatable (they really aren't though, some of those Korean fouls are just borderline criminal):

Italy had FIVE goals taken from them (I'm sure you will remember Italia-Croatia from that very same World Cup).

In 2006 they were gifted a penalty, BUT they were also given a red card at the beginning of the half and they got a penalty for a non existing foul called against them in the World Cup final.

I don't understand why Italians are cheaters in 2006, but can't complain in 2002.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Let's not talk about calls that are debatable (they really aren't though, some of those Korean fouls are just borderline criminal):

Italy had FIVE goals taken from them (I'm sure you will remember Italia-Croatia from that very same World Cup).

In 2006 they were gifted a penalty, BUT they were also given a red card at the beginning of the half and they got a penalty for a non existing foul called against them in the World Cup final.

I don't understand why Italians are cheaters in 2006, but can't complain in 2002.
BINGO !!!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

completly agree seven.

oh and

just saying its a tag we deserve no more than any other team.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I guess that, in a way, I'm lucky I'm not a professional football player. I would have literally killed the ref.

Anyways, I'm sure that at some point FIFA will admit they needed South Korea to go through and screwed both Spain and Italy. The calls are the worst in history.

EDIT: in fact when thinking about it, you'd actually want Spain to win the World Cup now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I guess that, in a way, I'm lucky I'm not a professional football player. I would have literally killed the ref.

Anyways, I'm sure that at some point FIFA will admit they needed South Korea to go through and screwed both Spain and Italy. The calls are the worst in history.

EDIT: in fact when thinking about it, you'd actually want Spain to win the World Cup now.
Even Koreans themselves they know how they reached the Semi's.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
When Italy will start to believe that they can do it, they will start blowing everyone apart. Their biggest problem seems their confidence, Germany is as talented as they are in every line, but they are way more confident and don't stress so much about everything. Hopefully Buffon won't rush back and get a long injury, actually I thought that the Italian defense seemed more careful when Marchetti was in goal.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
By the way, Alen, the free kick leading up to Paraguay's goal was never a free kick ;).

Don't get me wrong, Paraguay would have scored as that was the way it was going to be, but it was a bad call.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Forgot about that. Wasn't even any contact and Valdez actually handballed it, not that it excused the defending.

One guy was telling me about how the ref is one of the worst in CONCACAF anyway, he got a lot wrong throughout the game.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I'm glad that one great generation managed to win the WC title, players like Del Piero, Cannavaro, Nesta, Buffon, Camoranesi, Totti, Pippo, Pirlo, Gattuso, De Rossi....and Lippi as their coach , they deserve that honour.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cassano wishes Lippi well

Tuesday 15 June, 2010

Antonio Cassano doesn't know why Marcello Lippi refused to pick him for Italy, but showed real class by wishing him well at the World Cup.

A considerable number of people wanted to see Cassano included in Lippi's plans, sparking protests at Italy's qualifying matches.

Interviewed on Sky Italia, Cassano was asked to explain why Lippi doesn't seem to trust him.

“I sincerely don't know. I haven't even seen him,” Cassano said.

“In the beginning, I heard from him, for example, when he said that I would be tired of playing for the national team.

“I repeat, I don't know what it is that's not right. Perhaps he can't bear my personality.

“I am still Italian though and I always hope that Italy wins. For this reason, I say: 'Seeing that Lippi is leaving, let's hope that he goes on July 11 with the World Cup.”

Cassano then gave his opinion of Italy's 1-1 draw with Paraguay last night.

“To tell the truth, I didn't watch the game. When they told me that we lacked fantasia, I thought that Totti and Del Piero were missing. I didn't think about me.”

Finally, Fantantonio looked ahead to Lippi's successor Cesare Prandelli.

“He is a great Coach and a clever person even if he has had problems. But it all depends on me. I think that if I am given a chance in the national team, I can play with everyone.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)