Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
I have to say that tackle on Montolivio could've been red, but not in a way that every ref would've given one. The ref continued his lenient style by not giving Camo a second yellow, so I guess it's ok. I don't remember the incident involving De Rossi that Seven mentioned, so I can't say anything about it.

I don't think the ref is to blame for the draw anyways, so I'm not really worked up about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That was a bad tackle, but I'm not convinced it was anything other than clumsy.
If Camo makes a bad tackle I'm 100% sure he wanted to hit the guy. Today again he should have been sent off. All these bad tackles were seeing at the World Cup are malicious and the one that wasn't actually earned Cahill a red card.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That was a bad tackle, but I'm not convinced it was anything other than clumsy.
It wasn't, of course.
The ref wasn't giving cards and if the Paraguayans had malicious intentions, they'd have continued playing dirty with intention to hurt the Azzurri. They didn't.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I have to say that tackle on Montolivio could've been red, but not in a way that every ref would've given one. The ref continued his lenient style by not giving Camo a second yellow, so I guess it's ok. I don't remember the incident involving De Rossi that Seven mentioned, so I can't say anything about it.

I don't think the ref is to blame for the draw anyways, so I'm not really worked up about it.
Of course the ref isn't to blame. Italy created nothing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It wasn't, of course.
The ref wasn't giving cards and if the Paraguayans had malicious intentions, they'd have continued playing dirty with intention to hurt the Azzurri. They didn't.
If I'm on a football pitch I know who or what I'm going to hit when I go in. I don't believe any of these players are clumsy.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
Of course the ref isn't to blame. Italy created nothing.
Nah that's too harsh, Paraguay was the team that created absolutely nothing. Can't blame them, but Lippi needs to figure out a setup that works better offensively. Next game is New Zealand, which should be more than winnable, [after that is Slovakia] and hopefully by then the offense will be in full gear + a return of Pirlo.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If Camo makes a bad tackle I'm 100% sure he wanted to hit the guy.
That is true in many cases with him.

Today again he should have been sent off.
True.

All these bad tackles were seeing at the World Cup are malicious and the one that wasn't actually earned Cahill a red card.
I don't think there have been that many malicious tackles. The worst one I've seen was in France v Uruguay, and he got sent off, though it should have been a straight red.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Camo makes a bad tackle I'm 100% sure he wanted to hit the guy. Today again he should have been sent off.
For the first foul (the one that got him a yellow card) or for the other fouls as well?

If it's about the first foul then I don't really agree, but I leave it open for discussion. If it's for the other "fouls" then watch them again. They were far from tough fouls, some weren't even fouls and they weren't malicious. He was simply fighting for every ball. The ref did great for not giving him a second yellow, because none of the fouls he made after the yellow (2 fouls actually and he got the ball in the second one) deserved a second yellow.
Actually, looking at how the ref was tough on the whistle, I was even surprised that he gave those fouls against Camoranesi.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
For the first foul (the one that got him a yellow card) or for the other fouls as well?

If it's about the first foul then I don't really agree, but I leave it open for discussion. If it's for the other "fouls" then watch them again. They were far from tough fouls, some weren't even fouls and they weren't malicious. He was simply fighting for every ball. The ref did great for not giving him a second yellow, because none of the fouls he made after the yellow (2 fouls actually and he got the ball in the second one) deserved a second yellow.
Actually, looking at how the ref was tough on the whistle, I was even surprised that he gave those fouls against Camoranesi.
I don't think the other fouls were even fouls. So I agree with you there. But his first one was malicious and not necessary. He wasn't going to win that ball, but went in knowing full well he would hit the guy on the ankle.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The one where Camo stepped on the guy's foot may have been deliberate.
It was :D

But I'd never give a straight red for that. He deserved a yellow and he got it.

Come on guys, Camo should be sent off on 2 out of 3 matches going by your rules. He's rarely being sent off (almost 2 years, I think) so either your idea of a red card is wrong or the refs love Camo and favor Juve and Italy.
Camoranesi is a tough guy, but pretty idiotic from time to time. I think the refs usually recognize toughness and idiocy and they don't punish him for toughness. The same case with Chiellini. He's one of those 4-5 Juve players who get the least number of yellow cards (check the stats thread) and many will think at first glance that he's the one who is carded the most.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Come on guys, Camo should be sent off on 2 out of 3 matches going by your rules. He's rarely being sent off (almost 2 years, I think) so either your idea of a red card is wrong or the refs love Camo and favor Juve and Italy.
Camoranesi is a tough guy, but pretty idiotic from time to time. I think the refs usually recognize toughness and idiocy and they don't punish him for toughness. The same case with Chiellini. He's one of those 4-5 Juve players who get the least number of yellow cards (check the stats thread) and many will think at first glance that he's the one who is carded the most.
Camoranesi should be sent off more than he is.

Chiellini is very aggressive, but he is an excellent tackler.

Camoranesi is aggressive, but he is getting slower and he is not a good tackler.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Alen, you're suppose to defend Camoranesi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)