Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I thought Italy were pretty comfortable and on top without ever really excelling, but second half was much better when Lippi actually played players in their real positions. A point is fair I guess, decent enough for the first and toughest game.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Poor game, but Paraguay should fuck off. They deserved to be two men down within the first five minutes. Disgraceful behaviour. One would almost hope Slovakia and New Zealand pull it off.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Poor game, but Paraguay should fuck off. They deserved to be two men down within the first five minutes. Disgraceful behaviour.
You see, this is what Andy is talking about. But I don't think you understand what I'm talking about at all here.

The fact is, and I think most here will agree, that no-one deserved a red card, but if we have to pick one player who was the closest to a red card, it was Camoranesi.

But listening to you now, I'm having second thoughts about Italy-Korea. How robbed Italy were at all on that match is what I'm asking myself. If on this match I just finished watching, you say that Paraguay deserved to be 2 men down in the opening 5 minutes, then I wonder what really happened on Italy-S. Korea.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You see, this is what Andy is talking about. But I don't think you understand what I'm talking about at all here.

The fact is, and I think most here will agree, that no-one deserved a red card, but if we have to pick one player who was the closest to a red card, it was Camoranesi.

But listening to you now, I'm having second thoughts about Italy-Korea. How robbed Italy were at all on that match is what I'm asking myself. If on this match I just finished watching, you say that Paraguay deserved to be 2 men down in the opening 5 minutes, then I wonder what really happened on Italy-S. Korea.
Watch the Korea game ;) Much much worse than this.

But there were two Paraguay tackles within the first minute that were simply horrible. Camo should have been sent off too, no doubt about that.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
Alen, try to base your opinion on facts and not on what people tell you. How can Seven's comment suddenly change what happened in 2002?

I think you're right, Camo was closest to a red/second yellow. I think he never learned to control his temper, and that's typical of argentinian players. Sorry, don't want to buy into stereotypes, but I've never seen someone punch an opponent in a friendly, start fight after losses etc. like the Argentinian NT does.

Wasn't a good game, we have to improve our attack, otherwise teams that are as defensive as Paraguay and good at it too will continue to trouble us.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Watch the Korea game ;) Much much worse than this.

But there were two Paraguay tackles within the first minute that were simply horrible. Camo should have been sent off too, no doubt about that.
There was one bad tackle on Montolivo in the opening minute. The ref checked him and told him to get up because he's perfectly fine. Montolivo stood up immediately. That might have been a yellow, AT MOST, but the referee didn't want to start with yellows from the start, and he was right.

Camo earned a yellow and he got it. Then he made another foul, but that foul was faaaaar from a foul that deserves second yellow. Then there was a third tackle by Camo, and as the replays showed, it was on the ball and the ref made a correct decision.

No-one deserved a red tonight. It was a pretty fair match. A little aggressive but not more than allowed.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Fuck it.
Azzurri were better.but still conceaded that goal some how.
anyway is not the end of the world that draw.
let's take it and move on to win the next 2 games.

Btw,i liked Pepe!
Camo was also much better than Marchisio who was really poor.
Hope Gila will not start next game,it should be Pazzo imo.

And why the hell Gigi was subbed?

FORZA AZZURRI!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Alen,

before we continue, look at the footage of Italy-Korea I provided.

I also think that I'm harsher on players than you are when it comes to tackles. If there's malicious intent, you deserve to be sent off in my book. True, that means Camoranesi misses half the season, but that's the way it should be.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Alen, try to base your opinion on facts and not on what people tell you. How can Seven's comment suddenly change what happened in 2002?
Because I didn't watch that match, because Seven mentioned that match and how horrible it was, because I know how much Seven exaggerates when he talks about the Azzurri and because he just proved how much he exaggerates. ;)

Do you think that Paraguay's behavior tonight was disgraceful and that they deserved 2 red cards in the opening 5 minutes?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The ref was too lenient, generally, but he didn't favour one team or another.
I agree. But a team that tries to injure a player in the very first minute of the game is obviously doing something wrong.

Because I didn't watch that match, because Seven mentioned that match and how horrible it was, because I know how much Seven exaggerates when he talks about the Azzurri and because he just proved how much he exaggerates. ;)

Do you think that Paraguay's behavior tonight was disgraceful and that they deserved 2 red cards in the opening 5 minutes?
Watch the footage. It's incredible people still think it was a normal game. What I say really shouldn't influence you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)