Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Btw, look at every Juventus player in this team... Look at them, they all play with spirit and are fighters. From Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio and Iaquinta. Camoranesi isn't the type though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Juventino[RUS];2535333 said:
4-3-3
Buffon
Zambrotta - Canna - Chiellini - Bocchetti
De Rossi
Montolivo - Marchisio
Pepe:flag1: :flag1: :flag1: - Pazzini - Iaquinta
Wow, amazing lack of creativity. The 7 most creative Italian players won't play. They will have to compensate that with lots of running.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Apparantly Pepe has been on fire in training, which is why he is likely to start. I would have liked to see Quagliarella play since he's been doing well with Italy in the past few games

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Montolivo - Marchisio - De Rossi is enough creativity for me, looks a decent mix of skill and athleticism, hopefully De Rossi is at least 90% fit.
They still lack a great playmaker and magic in attack.

1. Totti
2. Cassano
3. Pirlo
4. Camoranesi
5. Miccoli
6. Giovinco
7. Balotelli
8. Aquilani
9. Del Piero
10. D'Agostino

They are all technically more gifted than anyone in the potential starting XI.

I like teams with good mixture of skills, tough and fast defense and athleticism. That's my perfect football team, but this Azzurri team lacks skill, has an average defense and you will see lots of long balls from Chiellini to Iaquinta.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pirlo, Aquilani and D'Agostino are covered with Montolivo. I'm sure the reasons why the others aren't playing/going is well documented, most of them don't deserve to be tbh. Italy tried a more creative approach in the recent past and it backfired, it's a team that does better reacting to situations than dictating it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Pirlo, Aquilani and D'Agostino are covered with Montolivo.
I'm sure the reasons why the others aren't playing/going is well documented, most of them don't deserve to be tbh. Italy tried a more creative approach in the recent past and it backfired, it's a team that does better reacting to situations than dictating it.
I know, we all know that.
I wasn't saying that Lippi should have taken all those 8 players. Some of them are injured and guys like D'Ago, Giovinco and Del Piero didn't deserve to be called at all. I was just showing you the complete lack of creativity in tonight's starting XI. Montolivo might be the same type of player as Pirlo or Aquilani, but the difference in quality is big between them.

Tonight Italy will put everything on athleticism and I wonder how will this transformation from a tactical and slow tempo team to a team playing fast football look. You can't change so drastically in 1 night and looking at the players in the starting XI, Italy can't play their usual slow tempo football either.

It's gonna be....interesting, to say the least.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo, go Azzurri!

Чеченская Республика за Италию all the way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)