Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Andries, I have all the right to support the Swedish NT, I have been living and working here for the past 6 years, I hold the nationality, I am married to a Swede, my friends and colleagues here are Swedes but I choose not to. Of course I watch their matches, of course sometimes I'd want them to win and others I'd want them to lose but in the end I don't give a rat's ass on what they do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andries, I have all the right to support the Swedish NT, I have been living and working here for the past 6 years, I hold the nationality, I am married to a Swede, my friends and colleagues here are Swedes but I choose not to. Of course I watch their matches, of course sometimes I'd want them to win and others I'd want them to lose but in the end I don't give a rat's ass on what they do.
Exactly.

Andy doesn't offer you that choice. I do.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßüякε;2530075 said:
If he doesn't recognize nationality, then he should be completely stoic when it comes to international football.

:lol:
He shouldn't even watch the tournament if he feels that way.

Seven only accepts arguments of nationality when it fits his cause.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Here's a question, if the national team is not a representation of the nation, not a collection of players holding that nationality and going to a tournament with the purpose of making their nation and folk proud so what are they then?

Why not pick a bunch of managers and they get to choose 23 players from all over the world just to create a squad and those squads compete against each other in the World Cup?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Here's a question, if the national team is not a representation of the nation, not a collection of players holding that nationality and going to a tournament with the purpose of making their nation and folk proud so what are they then?

Why not pick a bunch of managers and they get to choose 23 players from all over the world just to create a squad and those squads compete against each other in the World Cup?
Oh no, they're a representation of a nation alright.

I just think others could support them too. You can like a nation even if you're not part of that nation.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh no, they're a representation of a nation alright.

I just think others could support them too. You can like a nation even if you're not part of that nation.
You can like that nation but you cannot feel proud for the achievement of its national team, because they did what they did for their fellow citizens not for their fellow citizens of the country across the water.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You can like that nation but you cannot feel proud for the achievement of its national team, because they did what they did for their fellow citizens not for their fellow citizens of the country across the water.
What? I don't feel proud at all. I just like it when they win.

Sep 1, 2002
This all becoming rather petty, not to say pathetic.

And this Seven bating also.

Football isn't about logic, it's about passion: As is football.

There's no telling who one will fall in love with.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I highly doubt that players from Catalonia, Basque Country or Canary Islands wants to win the WC because of their love towards Spain and citizens. NT football has been business just like club football for ages now, I'm sure D.Beckham is as happy about crazy Chinese people in England shirts as about pudgy ginger-heads with English parentage in five generations.

What's support anyway? Buying jerseys and other stuff? Watching every game and yelling at the TV? Celebrating after victory? I can't see why someone from China could "support" Juventus and couldn't "support" Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)