Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If Bob Bradley was dumb enough to call me up, I'd be able to play.

So sorry, Gobert. You lose this one.
You don't get it, do you? Nationality is something that can change. Therefore I don't recognise it. It's a choice. And so is choosing whatever national team you support. You can support a culture without being part of it, you can support a nation without belonging to that nation.

But I wouldn't understand if I had my brain filled with greet the flag propaganda ever since I was two either.

Apr 12, 2004
Yes, but you can't play football, Andy. So you don't qualify to play for the USA either.
Yes, he and I actually do.
If Bob Bradley was dumb enough to call me up, I'd be able to play.

So sorry, Gobert. You lose this one.
:agree:
You don't get it, do you? Nationality is something that can change. Therefore I don't recognise it. It's a choice. And so is choosing whatever national team you support. You can support a culture without being part of it, you can support a nation without belonging to that nation.

But I wouldn't understand if I had my brain filled with greet the flag propaganda ever since I was two either.
No, you can't change it, you can just add to it, fuck face.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßüякε;2530049 said:
Yes, he and I actually do.

:agree:

No, you can't change it, you can just add to it, fuck face.
You can change it too, Burke. You can ask to have your original nationality removed if you demonstrate that you have a new one.

But I don't expect you to know anything really.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Italy.

But I see no reason for people to love that land, culture, folk and football team.

Goethe did afterall.
I am not against people loving the culture and the people, I am simply against the bullshit like someone born, raised and living in Japan saying "we" for the German NT and supporting the German NT in a competition where Japan are playing.

I have a soft side for many teams in this coming World Cup, I am looking forward to seeing them play. Mostly to see if they can make something out of the event and to see how some of the players I like would do.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I am not against people loving the culture and the people, I am simply against the bullshit like someone born, raised and living in Japan saying "we" for the German NT and supporting the German NT in a competition where Japan are playing.

I have a soft side for many teams in this coming World Cup, I am looking forward to seeing them play. Mostly to see if they can make something out of the event and to see how some of the players I like would do.
If you spend a lot of time in Italy and you've got a lot of Italian friends, it only makes sense that part of you is rooting for Italy. Just like, in a way, I'm rooting for Spain too, because I have many Spanish friends as well.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßüякε;2530061 said:
In some countries, you cannot renounce your citizenship, if you do, you are arrested.
Well, it doesn't go like that in Belgium. I can renounce my citizenship if I can prove that I have at least one other nationality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sure you can, even if it is idiotic. You can douse yourself with gasoline and light yourself on fire in support of the Azzurri if you want, but it still makes you an idiot.

Non-Italian Azzurri fans have no right to think they're actually part of an Italian accomplishment. It's an insult to actual Italians to have parasites try to creep in and steal their glory.

But I suppose that is what gloryhunters do.

If you don't recognize nationality, then you won't get very far in law school.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßüякε;2530071 said:
No, Americans are faggots too.

If you have a bunch of Spanish and Italian friends, it only means you stay up until 22:00 to eat fuckin' rigatoni.
Spanish people start eating at 22:00.

Sure you can, even if it is idiotic. You can douse yourself with gasoline and light yourself on fire in support of the Azzurri if you want, but it still makes you an idiot.

Non-Italian Azzurri fans have no right to think they're actually part of an Italian accomplishment. It's an insult to actual Italians to have parasites try to creep in and steal their glory.

I do a better job than you, mate. You don't understand the concept at all.

Apr 12, 2004

If he doesn't recognize nationality, then he should be completely stoic when it comes to international football.

:lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßüякε;2530075 said:
If he doesn't recognize nationality, then he should be completely stoic when it comes to international football.

:lol:
Nationality doesn't offer a basis voor nationalism, you know ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)