Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, I enjoy being the underdog.

But I also enjoy knowing that our football is better than several other nations. Not so much Italy, of course, but the nations of those that flock to the Azzurri.

Lets be honest, that's the reason why you see this occur. Their nations just aren't good enough. And the reason why is because these same clowns have no respect for it.
Unfortunately Belgium has to play qualifiers. The USA not so much.

As for American football being better than Belgian football... I don't think it is.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
IMO, no. You don't have to be anything.

But Andy is the one who decides if you can be a supporter or not.
Andy contradicts himself a lot when it comes to this subject.

I don't see why I shouldn't pick a team and support them in this World Cup. I don't know what Andy sees in this but I see nothing wrong.

If he thinks you have to be Italian to cheer for the Italian team then you have to be Italian to cheer for Juventus.

Juvenus is an Italian club, founded by Italian men, based in Italy and no where else;)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Andy contradicts himself a lot when it comes to this subject.

I don't see why I shouldn't pick a team and support them in this World Cup. I don't know what Andy sees in this but I see nothing wrong.

If he thinks you have to be Italian to cheer for the Italian team then you have to be Italian to cheer for Juventus.

Juvenus is an Italian club, founded by Italian men, based in Italy and no where else;)
But Juventus is an organisation that needs support from fans all over the world, they do marketing campaigns and the likes to promote their name to get as many supporters as they want. Juventus is a club whose mission is to have a world wide known image.

The Italian national team is a representation of the best players in the Italian clubs, they don't do marketing, they are not an organisation, they are a collection of players chosen to represent their country in an international competition.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But Juventus is an organisation that needs support from fans all over the world, they do marketing campaigns and the likes to promote their name to get as many supporters as they want. Juventus is a club whose mission is to have a world wide known image.

The Italian national team is a representation of the best players in the Italian clubs, they don't do marketing, they are not an organisation, they are a collection of players chosen to represent their country in an international competition.
That's not even true. FIGC does lots of marketing. The Italian NT is a brand. Just like Juventus.

Andy wants to make it about geography and that's fine, but then we have to keep in mind that Juventus, especially in a country such as Italy, does represent a city. And Andy was not born in that city.

Apr 12, 2004
That's not even true. FIGC does lots of marketing. The Italian NT is a brand. Just like Juventus.

Andy wants to make it about geography and that's fine, but then we have to keep in mind that Juventus, especially in a country such as Italy, does represent a city. And Andy was not born in that city.
...and neither were you or 95% of the players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I don't care about geography but I tell you one thing, the Italian NT is not a brand, their merchandise is a brand and currently it is being promoted by Puma. Juventus on the other hand is a brand, the whole club is.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juventus represent Juventus, not Italy, nor for that matter Torino.
Oh?

ßüякε;2530024 said:
...and neither were you or 95% of the players.
Of course. Which is why I'm saying it's stupid.

I don't care about geography but I tell you one thing, the Italian NT is not a brand, their merchandise is a brand and currently it is being promoted by Puma. Juventus on the other hand is a brand, the whole club is.
So Juventus was conceived as a brand? That's a first. You support the brand?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's as simple as this. You don't have to be an Italian to play for Juventus. Nor do you have to be from Torino. But, you do have to be Italian to play for the Azzurri.

Those are the rules. If you don't like them, too bad.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's as simple as this. You don't have to be an Italian to play for Juventus. Nor do you have to be from Torino. But, you do have to be Italian to play for the Azzurri.

Those are the rules. If you don't like them, too bad.
Yes, but you can't play football, Andy. So you don't qualify to play for the USA either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)