Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't you have to watch some roid rager break some baseball records in the "world" series? Or was that last week?

Yeah I "decided" to be raised by my dad, that's rich.
Again, we don't care about your father. For all we know, he could have been a mass murderer or child rapist along with a huge Azzurri fan.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Of course. But if you don't live in Italy and don't have Italian citizenship, you're not Italian.
You don't have to be Italian to support their football team. No one here is saying that he or she is Italian. All they say is that they want the Azzurri to do well.

Would we have the same discussion if these people wanted the USA to do well?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You don't have to be Italian to support their football team. No one here is saying that he or she is Italian. All they say is that they want the Azzurri to do well.

Would we have the same discussion if these people wanted the USA to do well?
Absolutely, because if we had the same stature as Italy in world football, those folks would be gloryhunting for the United States. It would be exactly the same thing.

Again, if you're not Italian, it's just silly to support them as you're simply not part of their culture or football. But we have been over this before.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Absolutely, because if we had the same stature as Italy in world football, those folks would be gloryhunting for the United States. It would be exactly the same thing.

Again, if you're not Italian, it's just silly to support them as you're simply not part of their culture or football. But we have been over this before.
How so?

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
Nah it's not silly at all. At least not if your own NT is not present at the tourney. It would be a bit odd to support a different nation over your own, unless you got a difficult relationship with your homecountry of course. But when your own nation does not participate you're bound to support some teams over others. Hell if Italy goes out there'll be teams I'd support over others, that's for sure.

You're just pissed because you don't like the Azzurri and alot of people on here do. Get over it lil baby.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nah it's not silly at all. At least not if your own NT is not present at the tourney. It would be a bit odd to support a different nation over your own, unless you got a difficult relationship with your homecountry of course. But when your own nation does not participate you're bound to support some teams over others. Hell if Italy goes out there'll be teams I'd support over others, that's for sure.

You're just pissed because you don't like the Azzurri and alot of people on here do. Get over it lil baby.
I got to say that is what it looks like, Andy.

Are you a lil baby?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You actually agree with me, admit it. :D

It's quite simple. The international game is just about that... nations playing one another. The whole purpose of these games is to display a nation's football on a world stage and to bring the folks of said country together as a nation.

If you're not a part of that nation, then there is no point in trying to cheer for it. It's not your own.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I got to say that is what it looks like, Andy.

Are you a lil baby?
No, I enjoy being the underdog.

But I also enjoy knowing that our football is better than several other nations. Not so much Italy, of course, but the nations of those that flock to the Azzurri.

Lets be honest, that's the reason why you see this occur. Their nations just aren't good enough. And the reason why is because these same clowns have no respect for it.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
Typical blind american patriotism. Only because you would be unable to cheer and celebrate with another nation doesn't mean others can't. Don't be so narrow-minded.

If it wasn't for this patriotism bull, the US might have the balls to hire a good european coach and actually go places...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Typical blind american patriotism. Only because you would be unable to cheer and celebrate with another nation doesn't mean others can't. Don't be so narrow-minded.

If it wasn't for this patriotism bull, the US might have the balls to hire a good european coach and actually go places...
We almost did, Sparky. Klinsmann just wanted more control than the federation was willing to give him.

Sorry, but there is no such thing as narrow-mindedness in nationality. You either are, or you aren't. It's binary.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
Ah right, Klinsmann. But I said a good european coach, not just one who happened to live in the US. Loew was always the essence of the German NT coaching staff, Klinsmann merely the motivator. He might yet become a good coach but I'm pretty sure he would've disappointed as US coach, especially since expectations would be higher than usual.

No but there's narrow-mindedness in patriotism, it often goes hand-in-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)