Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Finished 1-1. Italy just about had the better of the second half and Switzerland barely got near the Italy goal. Not sure what you can read into these games, pretty good considering the strength of the teams thought. It turned scrappy when the flurry of subs came on, and the Swiss had a few openings.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yet you still watch?

I know Cannavaro will play, but Maggio - Bonucci - Chiellini - Zambrotta looks stronger than anything else Italy have right now.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yet you still watch?

I know Cannavaro will play, but Maggio - Bonucci - Chiellini - Zambrotta looks stronger than anything else Italy have right now.
I never watch Italy or Pepe play. Just thought I'd watch him play in the second half when I heard that he came on to refresh my mind about Pepe.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Criscito-Bocchetti-Chiellini-Maggio
Zambrotta was very good at left back as well, having he and Maggio gives attacking options on both sides, but it depends on the game.

Bocchetti, Bonucci, I don't see a lot of difference, Both can defend well in the line and both make the odd positional mistake. Bocchetti made one yellow card foul in a central midfield position, but generally in these friendlies the play is very loose anyway.

I suppose the reality is that Cannavaro is playing, but at least there are other options.

el Manco

May 25, 2010
Zambrotta was very good at left back as well, having he and Maggio gives attacking options on both sides, but it depends on the game.

Bocchetti, Bonucci, I don't see a lot of difference, Both can defend well in the line and both make the odd positional mistake. Bocchetti made one yellow card foul in a central midfield position, but generally in these friendlies the play is very loose anyway.

I suppose the reality is that Cannavaro is playing, but at least there are other options.
He'll be present, rather than play for 1 game. Then Lippi will have no choice but to take him off. And in these 2 friendles Bocchetti>>>Bonucci.

el Manco

May 25, 2010
Anyway, Italy-Spain will be the key game. I think the winner will play in the final. Chiellini will have to stop Villa and Torres like in 2008, and hopefully Lippi will make them train penalties =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)